Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

mini ifo

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 03:33 AM
zagi_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini ifo

hi i was wondering about the mini ifo and how it flies?
Old 04-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Cadet

Default mini ifo

I have seen them fly and they are as good as their advertising says.
Cheers,
Grant
Old 05-09-2002, 07:23 PM
electriflight

Default mini ifo

I will let you know as soon as I am done with construction. My wife just got me one for my Birthday this past weekend. I have a full size IFO and it is awesome, can't wait to see what the little one will do.
Old 05-10-2002, 03:51 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default mini ifo

I've been flying an 85% IFO for the past two years. It has been a
great flying experience. Mine has the GWS Lite-Stick motor with
8 cell 720mah NiMH pack. So many post on these motors burning
out, but mine has maybe 100 flights on it. I try to manage the
throttle and run full bore at short bursts. The roll rate is fast and
it will turn within itself. Great plane, you will love it.

Randy
Old 05-13-2002, 12:49 PM
electriflight

Default FLYS GREAT!!!

I got up this past Saturday morning with intentions of a Maiden flight of my new GWS Zero. The winds were at 10 to 15 mph so I decided to hold off. I had a Mini IFO sitting and waiting to be built so I figured what the heck lets see what I can do with this one. I had already built the full sized one so I new the building would be pretty much the same. It was. I built the airframe in about 2 1/2 hours. CA and Accelerator is all you will need for this.
I had other things to do so that was it for Saturday's fun. I got up Sunday added all hardware mounting gear and then covered the plane with mylar film I got from a craft store. The servo to elevon connections are push pull and require careful attention in order to achieve the correct alignment. I got all the hardware connected and check operation of all the controls. I love these planes they remind me of some kinda futuristic robotic bug when the elevons move around.

I had to go to a family outing for mothers day with all the in-laws so I took my freshly built mini-ifo with me just in-case the winds died down a bit and I had some free time.

The winds died and the free time came after everyone had their stomachs full. I charged up a 7 cell (8.4V) 150mAh pack and strapped it to the mini. Maiden flights always make me nervous but this one was in front of a crowd of people in a 40' by 60' area surrounded by trees. :stupid: I went to full power and released the mini and it took off like a bat out of hell (almost totally vertical.) I powered down and did a few circles and noticed I had to much up trim on the elevons causing the mini to climb. I brought it in for the normal leaf like landing and readjusted the trim a bit. The second launch was at full power but the plane took off fast and level. The plane performed great, rolls, loops(inside and outside) and hovering was a snap. I had 4 very successful flights. The crowd was very pleased with the mini as was I.

Get one you will love it.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:03 AM
electriflight

Default mini ifo

I just recovered my Mini IFO with Ripstop. I took the time(12 hrs) to sew it to the airframe. It was time well spent though. The plane looks great and is now bullet proof.. Here is a picture of the finished bird. Love my mini IFO.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13255_8508.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	5982