Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone UM- F4U Questions,

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 04:18 PM
mav68erick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone UM- F4U Questions,

Hello just picked up a BNF Corsair today for my first plane.. Ive used a sim. along time ago called Rc Chopper or something back when windows 95 was out, and then some real flight about 3-4 yrs ago.

Now my hobby shop only had the Bnf, and I asked if Icould use my 4channel radio from my Blade mSR., but Idont think its really working out so great seems like im having a real hard time.

- It seems like it has enough power, it takes off with only a 5ft stretch but it doesnt seem to have enough power to keep itself in the air when turning.
-Even as it seems it doesnt have enough power seems like the nose is not heavy heavy, Itweaked my elevator linkage so the flaps down about 5* but it still wants to climb, and at half throttle it just doesnt move.
- Watching online vids mine seems to go about half the speed as ive watched which is fine....

....im just thinking that the settings in the blade contorller arent exactly ok to use for the plane, even on dual rates just a little little touch of the right stick will roll the plane you dont even have to barel bump it.

If you think this is my problem Iappreciate any comments, Ill probably just buy a Dx6i or something, a Dx5 would be better at this time since Iwas planning on getting the RTF and have some extra money but with no screen I dont know what its like to program it.

Thanks
Mav
Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 PM
mav68erick

Default RE: Parkzone UM- F4U Questions,

well after browsing the destructions, its the same controller.

even with the battery all the way forward and Iadded weight to the cowl still not heavy enough on the nose, and is it normal to only get about 3mins on the 150 battery? i got a bunch of 120s I was using. gonna order some more 150s though.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

wow ... I remember my Corsair ... I loved it . untill ... tip stall . You mighy want to up grade your batteries to a 3 cell 25 c discharge rate , these should give to the perfomance you're looking for . As for the radio ... go with the 6 ... you'll be able to adjust your flying with thye rasdio better than with the 5
Old 10-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Saburo Sakai

Yo, Mav! There's a good test article of the UMCorsair here at RCU under "new products". It came out about a month ago and addresses some issues you mention. Also there's another thread in the "MIcro and Indoor" category about the bird. One thing I'll say, that bird is too beautiful to crash, and I'd maybe justput it on top of the Christmas tree and fly a T-28 when they go on sale again at Horizon Hobby (RTF version w/ little four channel DSM2 tranny.this week for 99.95). No I don't work for them, but I'm willing to learnAddition: get the Thunder Power 160 25C's (1S of course). They're smaller and lighter than others. I have like seven or eight of 'em.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
mav68erick

Thx for the replies.

After dealing with the nonsense trying to get it to fly straight , my wings pretty toast. I ordered 2 extra wings 2 Tail sections cant remember if I did 2 fusolages. I may have because I wanna paint one set and use the other for spares.

I did notice one issue was the servos were pushing off the wing and breaking the glue fixed that with some hot glue and got to fly some yesterday.

After everything was centered she had a tendancy to roll left now and still wanted to climb up, but I managed to make due with compensating and got to run 3 battery through before I had to land it on the garage when the battery ran out, was a pretty good landing but upon inspection the big gear on the wing servos broke off the shaft, prolly from landing it on the drive way without the landing gear on before. so rather then pay 10 bucks and have to mess around with wiring I just got 3 complete servos for 13.50 and gonna buy some chocolate candy molds cut them in half and make covers to keep the gears safe.

As nice as it is to be able to fix the plane so easily the biggest problem I notice is the hinges, I know since its so small its hard to make but not very strong.

Now hopefully when I install my new week and can get the thing to track straight rather then roll I may be able to get some better flights in, very difficult to learn muscle memory when your compensating to keep the the nose down and the roll to minimum.