Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

RUNWAYS: makeshift/portable materials

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

RUNWAYS: makeshift/portable materials

Old 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUNWAYS: makeshift/portable materials

Looks like Mad Web, Wheelnut (? where's he at ?),aircraftfreak15, srt10 andother buds might have joined forces with the bloody Luftwaffeand maybe the Imperial Japanese Navy to bomb the local airstrip/ landing strip/ tarmac and general obstacle course where I fly. BUT THIS HAPPENED A LONG TIME AGO, IN AGALAXY FAR AWAY and all.... so I forgive them, my buddies in flight.
So I'm lookin' for a transportable strip to throw into the back of my evil SUV to take to the bombing site where I fly. Lookin' at maybe a portable flat carpet-substanceroll-out option and Home Depot or Lowe's is maybe the place to look.

No more NOSE-OVERS into ruts on take-offs or after good landings!

What says youz guys?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default RE: RUNWAYS: makeshift/portable materials

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] Yes, I found that a piece of spare carpet worked perfectly in my SE5 experiments. The carpet I used very successfully with my SE5 is 1.5 feet wide and 10 feet long. It will accompany my now fine tuned Mk IX Spitfire along with my lightest GUNFIGHTER as wingman to enjoy some long range mission flying at various altitudes.
Taking off from the "magic carpet" and landing on "rougher" areas sort'a works on marginal fields. Before flight I try to take most of the unevenness out of the carpet. No crashes on take off, . . . so far.

Good luck.

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Saburo Sakai

TEN feet long? I'm wantin' maybe 30-50 X 10 or so. I wanna land the Space Shuttle on her if I need to. Hey, you can maybe roll that runway in and out pretty quick, Mad, but I'll still have time for a flight of my Mosquitos to buzz over and drop someserious 1-2 oz. loads ofordnance on her and make huge, softball-sized, flamingcraters you'll have to skirt around
Old 11-05-2011, 02:35 PM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] Sorry about being slow to respond to your Mosquito attack. That really is a neat little plane. There is no doubt that if I had gotten into RC at this point in history those irrestible little fighters would have been the way I would have gone. They also have the advantage of not taking up much space like my killer size fighters do. But, alas, I'm addicted to that whiff of danger that only my house filling fighters can provide.

I like your runway idea. Perfect for take off, possibly useful for landings. Would have to keep a good CAP to ward off any anoying Mosquitos though.

By the way have you received any orders about a new secret mission? The world wonders.

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Saburo Sakai

Got15' X 7' strip of "body wrap" that should roll out and roll up nicely. Thousand and one uses, now. For defense of liberty and flying free skies without further interference, I'm always on board, Mad Web. No worries.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
mad web tv scientist

Sounds good. You didn't receive my last PM, did you?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:44 AM
LarryV

Where do you find the "body wrap? I have only found body wraps for cars and health spas, neither of them can be used for runways.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Saburo Sakai

It's an.... "Italian" kind of body wrap, see? You gotta roll somethin' up and get it outta the way quiet-like, nobody takin' no notice or botherin' ya and all. The best ones for the kind of work I do arestain-resistant , like thisone.Capiche? This one's got a really dense, packed pile which is important forlanding a bird,so I hope to enjoy landing planes on it till I....really need it.
You can get it at any carpet store, or maybe a Home Depot. Just make sure you use cash if you really wanna use it-no paper trail-and maybe wear a hat and a pair of sunglasses in the store.
God Bless America and our Veterans!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Saburo Sakai

No, Mad Web. No PM's received from you. What'd you do? Somebody put you in some kind ofisolation "hole" for "bad behaviour"? Oh, no! Mad Web's in the Web Wizzard'sdog house again.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
mad web tv scientist

Dear Mr. Sakai, sorry about missing your response to my questions until now. The confusion of battle evidently caused a momentary loss of SA (fighter pilot loss of situational awareness). Hopefully, we can make amends. Someone, or something keeps tampering with the PMs and other stuff but that is all about to change bigtime.

Clicking on the "more smileys" here using my PC brings up an error message instead of smileys. I'll bet this does not happen to anyone else, right? Like with an RCU "post signature" that hasn't worked on my posts for years I have to improvise in order to enjoy action lol and crying smileys.

I WILL CONTINUE THE FIGHT FOR THE TRUTH ABOUT REALITY AS LONG AS THERE IS ANY STRENGTH AT ALL LEFT IN MY TRIGGER AND OTHER FINGERS, AT ALL COSTS! By faith I know that those who love the truth will ultimately appreciate my determined fight to the finish. You may have noticed that today may very well mark a very important turning point against tyranny. Victory may be much sooner than we think. Be prepared.

Out.

[sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]
__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Hey ... have you tried weed mat ? Check Lowes garden Dept
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
mad web tv scientist

Hi flyntruk, thanks for the suggestion. Although I still have my emergency runway readily available for use and will use it with my killer size SE5, it turns out that with the most recent adjustments to my WWII machines the "magic carpet" will probably be seldom used with them.

Out.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

PS Please check out the latest "landing" adventures on the Ace Messerschmitt thread that is still out of order since my last posting there - evidence of shenanigans that cannot be denied.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Saburo Sakai

Weed mat! Now that's genius, flyntruk!
You're talking about that weaved fake bamboo stuff, right? Light, smooth, rollable, perfect!
That's a five-star idea
Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

No ... I'm talking about the light weight fabric that comes folded up and is about 12' wide Just stake it down on to the dirt suface or what ever . Weed mat is placed down in your garden in areas where you don;y want weeds . like between trees