Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

2011 GWS Slow Stick Mods - MIA Micro-FLIGHT Ultralight Microlight Deltaplano Conversion

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCAtSFCswgM[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6RtgT4j4-A[/youtube]

Why another GWS Slow Stick Mod? especially after many years since its release?

Well I get tired of seeing the same thing done and most of the stuff I see or come across in some kits is not as durable and many suffer from realistic performance and appeal. So I did my own ultralight conversion based highly on on scratch built MIA RC ultralight, I had designed in recent years but was not able to make a full kit of it due to time constraints and heavy work loads with the aftermarket parts we make for the tiny helicopters.

Making a MIA conversion kit for the GWS Slow Sitick was easier and makes sense to me. If not, then let my videos, of the model converted, speak for themselves.
    I am enjoying the GWS Slow Stick in a new form so much that I have temporarily stoped flying helis for a change of pace.

My passion and Inspiration making, possibly the most realistic tough and highly appealing RC ultralight models, is drawn from an honest appreciation and understanding of real ultralights, microlights, nanolights, ultraleves, and similar real light aircraft.

I am using MIA TUFF (TM) items and hardware for the ultimate crash-proof model. Past experience designing all sorts of RC flying models led me to select specific hardware and items I manufacture in house with my own methods to provide a model structure that is unbeatable and nearly indestructible. I do this because I hate crashing and having to repair models. So I rather provide a kit or part that will last me and my customers a long time.

This unique approach to designing MIA kits and parts, is also based on the same formula MIA micro-FLIGHT has been using for over a decade with our world popular TUFF LG, Frames, aftermarket parts and original heli, airplane and autogyro kits, some of you may be already familiar with.

Please check out my other You Tube videos.

If you would like to have a MIA Ultralight Conversion Kit for the GWS Slow Stick, please email me directly via MIADSGNS@COX.NET and request it. Kits are currently limited only because I am trying to share workload with other items I offer, but I would really like to share the fun I am having with others who may have a GWS Slow Stick just wating for that ultimate conversion.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Li20964.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	1689241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb88479.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	1689242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kp33837.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	1689243  
    Mario I. Arguello
    MIA Micro-FLIGHT
    www.micro-flight.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2011 GWS Slow Stick Mods - MIA Micro-FLIGHT Ultralight Microlight Deltaplano Conversion

Send me one and I'll try it out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2011 GWS Slow Stick Mods - MIA Micro-FLIGHT Ultralight Microlight Deltaplano Conversion

Looks good! Let me clarify that: it looks like a real, live miniaturizedpilot is flying around in his Ultra-light, scoping out the countryside.Not that I'm condoning it, but a jolly-jokercould put a soundtrack with a tiny speaker on the bird witha little voice saying, "Help me, I'm lost! Please help me find the Municipal airport!" and hide in the bushes with the transmitter and freak people out.
    Hey, I must need to go flyin'.
    Seriously, it's a good looking model and I'd fly it any day-with the speaker system and maybe with a micro pilot figure with his head moving side to side like a real, lost pilot for more realism.God bless you and good luck in your venture!
    There are Leaders, followers, and Troublemakers!
    -Capt. J.L.D., U.S.Army (ret.), my dad.

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

Looks good!Β* [img][/img]Β* Let me clarify that: it looks like a real, live miniaturizedΒ*pilot is flying around in his Ultra-light, scoping out the countryside.Β*Not that I'm condoning it, but a jolly-jokerΒ*could put a soundtrack with a tiny speaker on the bird withΒ*a little voice saying, ''Help me, I'm lost! Please help me find the Municipal airport!'' and hide in the bushes with the transmitter and freak people out.
    Hey, I must need to go flyin'[img][/img].
    Seriously, it's a good looking model and I'd fly it any day-with the speaker system and maybe with a micro pilot figure with his head moving side to side like a real, lost pilot for more realism.Β*God bless you and good luck in your venture![img][/img]
    No pilot on the MIA Conversion Kit for the GWS, but on the original MIA RC Ultralight I designed, which by the way also flies awesome, there is a GI-Joe pilot.
    Some photos for coparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77590.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	1691417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni24795.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	1691418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej12384.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	1691419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ib82134.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	1691420  
    Mario I. Arguello
    MIA Micro-FLIGHT
    www.micro-flight.com

People who see this model have mentioned to me that they thought it was the real thing. That is how realisitc this model performs and looks, especially when flown up high.
    I am making another fully painted and detailed with navigation lights. I will have a full write up and more photos and videos on my site
    www.micro-flight.com. I appreciate supportive comments. Thanks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zv_AnvNPaI[/youtube]
    Mario I. Arguello
    MIA Micro-FLIGHT
    www.micro-flight.com

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxElw6CHt3U[/youtube]
    Mario I. Arguello
    MIA Micro-FLIGHT
    www.micro-flight.com