Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Push Rod Z bend

Old 12-26-2002, 01:04 PM
scott88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push Rod Z bend

i have my gws beaver all built but i can't fgure out by how to make a z bend or a v bend, how would you connect them if you did get the bends down and if you could offer some help as to make the wings beter supported that would be excellen and much appreciated
Old 12-30-2002, 10:33 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Push Rod Z bend

To make good Z bends you can pick up a pair of Z bend pliers. Or you can use needle nose pliers. After you put the Z bend in the wire, put on the servo out put arm(wheel) then put the arm onto the servo. THe V bend is to give some adjustment to the wire to center the control surface. Instead of all of the Z and or V bends you can use a micro EZ connector. The wire slides through the connector, then a screw on top tightens down on the wire to hold it in place.

As for your wings I do not have that plane "YET".

Dru.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:06 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Push Rod Z bend

The best (IMHO) is the Du-bro "Z-Bend" tool (P/N 783). It puts a nice bend in the wire without stressing the bend.

Jerry
Old 12-31-2002, 12:48 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default Push Rod Z bend

I've recently found that a "U" bend is just as good as a "Z", and MUCH easier to do without a special tool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just grip the wire appx 5/16 apart with 2 pair of needle nose pliers and bend to bring the end parallel to the main length. If needed, you can squeeze the bend into a tighter "U" by placing a 1/16 ply piece in the bend, and then squeezing with normal pliers to bring the wire firmly in cntact with the ply on both sides.

works great, never another scraped wire from the Z-bend pliers (the wire breaks at the corner of the bend if the plier scrapes it!)
Old 12-31-2002, 03:52 PM
rcav8r

Default Push Rod Z bend

I'll 2nd the U bend. MUCH easier to make, and although not really an issue with a plane this size, the U bends do not develope slop in the servo arm over time. Another nice thing about them is that the angle os not crutial where it is with a Z bend.
I use a wire bender from Harry Higgly. Basically a steel hex block with 2 pins. Put in a vice, and just bend the wire around on of the pins. The other pin keeps the wire from rotating.
Personally I don't know why anyone uses Z bends, as the Us are so much better.