RE: firebird freedom gone mad new
A few questions will help us help you.
1. Did you buy this from a hobby shop, directly from Horizon Hobbies, or did you buy it from an individual? These planes had some defective circuit boards, especially in channel 2. If you bought it from hobby shop or Horizon, you should be able to get some help from them to determine the problem and get it fixed free of charge. Horizon will still help you regardless where you bought it, but you may have to buy the repair parts out of your pocket if you bought from and individual.
2. Is the ACT turned off? If not, turn it off, disconnect it, throw it away for that matter, it is useless.
3. What kind of battery does it have, Lipo or Nicad? Have you checked the voltage to make sure the pack is actually full charged?
4. When you power it up, do you have the Tx turned on first with the throttle and trim slide lever both pulled to "off" position before you plug the battery into the plane?
5. If you disconnect the motor leads, do the servos still work correctly?