Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

reds miss hangar one....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
corona672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reds miss hangar one....

i was reading about the miss hangar one hydroplane and was wondering if any of you had this kit .....

here are all my questions that i hope some of you can answer...

how much did it cost about...?

how fast does it go and it is hard to fly......?

was it hard to build....?

what kind of paint did you use...?

and is it durable.....?

thankyou...
Old 08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: reds miss hangar one....

ORIGINAL: corona672

i was reading about the miss hangar one hydroplane and was wondering if any of you had this kit .....

here are all my questions that i hope some of you can answer...

how much did it cost about...?

how fast does it go and it is hard to fly......?

was it hard to build....?

what kind of paint did you use...?

and is it durable.....?

thankyou...

Around $50.00 for the kit plus all the electronics. Need an rx, 4 servos, esc,motor, prop, and a lipo pack.

Scoots along pretty good. You need good thumbs, have to be able to operate throttle, rudder, elevator and ailerons all at the same time to be any good at it.

Pretty easy build if you have some experience.

Faskolor by Parmapse www.parmapse.com

Ummmm not if you hit a tree or such, it's only Depron.

You're welcome.

Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2006, 02:40 PM
L0stS0ul

Well here's my take on it.

[link=http://www.teamsteadfast.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2&ccSID-285e73f64c04744fc5f33ff68f529742=aba4422555e911542 e430829346e20fb]Price: $60 shipping [/link]

The rest of the items you need:
1. At least a 4 channel transmitter with Elevon mixing capability. The cheapest I've found his the Hitec Lazer 4
2. At least a 4 channel receiver. I'm using a GWS R6NII on mine
3. 3 Servos are needed. 1 servo for the rudder and then 2 servos for the elevons. HS-55's are recommended
4. A 900mAh - 1300 mAh 3 cell lipo with high discharge rate
5. A good 10-12 amp speed controller (CoolRunning A-12 or CC Phoenix 10)
6. A high rpm and light motor. The LittleScreamers Purple Peril used to be the motor of choice (and the one I have) but now the CustomCDR Hydro Motor w/ GWS 8x4 HD Prop is recommended due to availablity. The LittleScreamers motors will be available from Hobby-Lobby soon.

Total cost will be around ~350 if you need to buy everything mentioned including the boat. You'll also need the tools to build it which are a hidden cost. I'd guess around $30-$40 in foam safe CA and Kicker, paints, hobby knives, extra Carbon Fiber to strengthen areas, some extra piano wire (not enough comes in the kit) and some 6 minute epoxy.

It is not a speed demon. Mine probably flies in the 20-30mph range. It's more 3D capable than you would imagine and is better suited to that kind of flight IMHO.

It was not hard to build but I would not attempt it as a first depron kit. Try something easier like a 3d foamy. Technique can kill you if you don't have it down.

I used Krylon H2O on my first one and I would never use it again. WAY to heavy. On my second one I'm going to use airbrushed acrylics from the local craft store. all of $.69 a bottle.

It's depron so no it's not very durable. You will want to strengthen and reinforce areas of stress and areas that contact the ground. It comes with carbon fiber and some balsa to reinforce some of the areas where it contacts the ground but I've found that is not enough protection as I generally use mine on grass fields and track areas.

Video of mine:
[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7257131705436173249&hl=en]This was the maiden flight of my MHO. [/link] Was not sure what to expect. It wanted to fly and I was not prepared for that. The first takeoff was not intentional. I originally flew mine with the CG about 1/2 inch farther back then recommended so the butt on my boat sags a lot in the video. I've moved my CG up a bit since the maden flight and it does not sag as much anymore but I still like it a bit farther back. You can notice that in the next video that the butt is not saging as much. I had also cut holes in the main body trying to lighten it up. Mine is fat at 15.5 ounces (should be around 12) and I should have covered them up but had not for the maiden flight. The next video I also have them covered up and it flies much better.

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514625330911639162&hl=en]Just a random flight video[/link]

your welcome

Got the second one waiting to be built now. Made a lot of mistakes on my first one that I'm going to rectify with the second one. Technique is everything...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74821.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	516652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79024.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	516653  
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello good people!

I am looking for one of these or similar and like to see if anyone has a lead to where I can get one!

Anyone?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Carlos,
Here's the tiled plans for the RHO. Wouldn't be that hard to cut one out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=748....