Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Which Park Flyer ???

Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM
747pilot
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Park Flyer ???

Hello,

I recently got back into RC after a 5 year break. I've done nothing but glow fuel and all the gear I recently purchased was
for that. Problem, I just moved and the nearest flying field is 12 miles away. However in my backyard I have a field about 100' x 200'.
Perfect for some electric flying. Due to field size and neighbors.

I have a Futaba 7C that I would like to put to use. So Iwas wondering if anyone can give me some help/suggestions in getting some
park flyers that are relatively easy to setup for my radio. I'm not looking to get into an RTF since I don't want or need another tx.
Just want to use the 7c.

Suggestions on airplanes/esc's/chargers/batteries/ etc... I've never done electric. I'd like to have a "fleet" of different styles.
From j-3 cub to something sporty.

Thanks very much.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 AM
jeffy

Default RE: Which Park Flyer ???

I found this group, they are great for many ideas and if ya looking for a fleet I would chek this one out

http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scra...428/page3.html

Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Sounds like you have a great setup for fun anytime you are home and have the urge. Youre best bet is the foamys, and to go electric with almost all the smaller stuff, you need 2.4. Fatuba makes a conversion kit for your radio, with that you are first class and good to go. You also need to buy a decent "Watt Meeter" before you start any electric project, also a decent charger. I suggest a cell-pro 4 up to the cell-pro 10. One has kept me out of trouble for years. Lots of good information out there in RCU and others, typically the guys are outstanding, but most expect you to do some on line research yourself for basics so they can be of more help with tough stuff.

Suggest you go to RC Powers for his free extra 300 foamy, and build per plans and equipment recommendations. It 3-D's well and will not cost a arm and leg for equipment that works well. Like most of the good 3-D machines, slow it down with expo and low rates and they make a great trainer. You need to find a good electric guy in the club if you can just to keep you out of trouble if you can. After several years playing with electrics my radios are a converted JR-10 and Spectrum-8, love both, no problems for a very old coot to usse.

Out of the 20 plus on the ceiling, the best flying balsa birds are higher end equiped, Hacker motors, Castle controllers and name brand batteries. But what flys and what gathers dust? Almost always, a precision airobatics Addiction X or the smaller addiction goes out and flys. Simply the best birds ever over around 50 years of loving the hobby, from racing to pattern to current 3-D. Why 3-D for a old 77 year coot. Well, personality flaws. Its a challange, love a challange. Flaw part is simply must be king of the hill crap. Am not best of the best, but trying. Tried rolling circles for several years. Got around a couple of time but then???. With the Addictions, whee, all day. Other advertised best of the best like AJ Extra sits and gathers dust. May be a good bird for good experts, but it snaps and wing wags. Don't need that.

Back yard is small, ok, but a park just down the road. For just having fun here, I have a bunch of Hobby King motors, controllers, receivers and batteries. Was shocked at how well their stuff works in the majority. Have had one bad motor bearing and one bad li-po cell over the years. Understand their system, stay with the USA warehouse if you can, remember almost all the electric manufactures ect. over rate their stuff, so most are adequate, gotta use the head, but lots of diamonds at very reasonable prices in there.

Hope this helps you out and eases things along. ENJOY >the old coot.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
747pilot

Thanks for the info. Imight not have mentioned it but my 7C is new. It's a 2.4. It's just that the rx and servos are destined
for my Sig Four Star (glo). Is that what you meant by needing a conversion kit for?

I'd like to start setting up an electric plane, or two, to fly in the field behind my house. So I'm not sure I how to go about
setting that all up. Most of the electrics I see that I would like to fly are RTF's. Iwould prefer to stick with just my 7C
and use that as my sole Tx.

Jeff - I've got the space and the tools to build but I just don't have the time. So I'd like to go with something like ARF's
and stick in my own rx, batteries, esc, servos. Or what would be ideal is something out there in the market that would
work with my 7C out of the box.

Thanks for the replies. Keep em coming.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77602.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1762965  
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

If you like Tower / Hobbico stuff then you may like the Flyzone TXR planes along with an anylink module for your 7c. I have almost all of these models and like nearly every one.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...nes/index.html
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
747pilot

Good stuff. I check it out.
Thanks.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 AM
downunderdog

You can get any "PnP" (plug 'n' play, which means it comes with all the servos, the ESC, and motor, and you just need to plug a receiver in... and probably get a battery as well) plane and a receiver that is compatible with your transmitter, and you're set to go.

I'm pretty sure most of the Parkzone planes, like the T28 Trojan and F4 Corsair, come in PnP versions.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM
flynfred

Go to nitro planes, they have a huge selection of low cost arf and kit planes at the best prices, and there in the usa so no problems with returns, techone epp planes are great flyers and cheap
Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 AM
vonmarshall
My Feedback: (1)

Hi there

i have been looking at these bind n fly planes.

I have a DX5 already and like you do not want a new transmitter. These planes all seem to be perfect for your needs.

bindnfly.com/

Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
tdipaul

Can't go wrong with a RTF Parkzone ultra-micro T-28. It gets the most flying time of the planes I own (H-Z Super Cub, P-Z F4 Wildcat, H-Z Stratos, H-Z Champ) because it is durable, easy to fly, and batteries are cheap and charge-able in the field.