Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

FunJet Ultra or Stryker...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FunJet Ultra or Stryker...

Looking to get a pusher plane like the Stryker but I see a few videos of the FunJet and it looks cool to...
for those who own these could you please comment on what could be the better of the two and why?? [:-]
thank you!!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:10 AM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: FunJet Ultra or Stryker...

I have the stryker and really like it, the fun jet I saw in the hobby shop was the airframe only, you had to purchase the motor, and everthing else. So my vote is for the Stryker...

Bill
Old 12-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

Buy the Stryker and don't give it a second thought. Build it as stock and fly the heck out of it. We have a young man (11) in our area who I'm sure is one of the top 100 3D pilots in the US. When you watch him ring the Stryker out and give it everything he can think of and the plane handles it all well, you know it's a good one. I love mine.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
srt10

sounds good!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 PM
boogermancan

Stryker 180
i having a blast with mine
Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

I'll have a 180 sooner or later. I bet it is a blast. I'd probably have one now but our LHS can't seem to get extra batteries. I can wait...if I have to.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: boogermancan

Stryker 180
i having a blast with mine
I almost picked one of those up the other day
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
cxcooper

If you are a speed junky get the "FunJet Ultra" the afformentioned power pack includes a 70amp speed controller and an 800 watt motor.... crazy power... you will need a 3200mah 3S battery or larger... check out 2bfly.com they did a review of it...http://2bfly.com/reviews/multiplex-f...-ultra-review/120 mph plane... hoppped up versions go in excess of 180mph

If you are cheap like me get the FunJet RR its a 130.00 bucks at Tower.... basically plug'n'play ... FunJet RR flys like it's on rails... 87mph plane 2200mah 3S packs or greater also do yourself a favour and get a 6x4 prop

If you want to do 3D get the stryker.... it has additional control surfaces... rudder controls... etc.... and it has the magnetic nose... useful the first few times you launch a fast pusher...
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
cxcooper

just did a F27C build and installed a Funjet RR powerpack... at only 50 bucks for the stryker parts... I have to admint it/s a pretty cool alternative to the funjet... its fairly large easier to launch and land... but the fun factor is just as high as the fun jet..
Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Rimripper

You will make the FJU faster with the same amount of watts as the stryker,as it has alot more drag.

Stryker is easier to see,it loves the wind!!!when most foamies are getting put in the trunk due to wind,the stryker will still be flying.

What is it your after?
Speed
or fun?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

i have had both. i still have the stryker 27-Q. it's fast and hand launches pretty good. i love flying it. i have over fifty flights on it. it has broken one prop so far. it flat spins easy, once you learn how to do it. stryker is more all around fun, funjet is nice too but hand launches are wild. it will torque left and flip over on ya. the funjet is fast even stock. they both use the same battery ,a 2200 mah .....25 c, 3 cell. the funjet has an inrunner motor, a himax 2700 kv and a 6x4 prop. the stryker 27-Q has an outrunner motor ,an eflight 2200 kv swinging a 6x6 stryker prop. the funjet is faster by 15 mph or so. i built a bungee launcher for my funjet because it was very hard to hand launch. the stryker is pretty easy. once their trimmed out that is. i would recommed the stryker first. it's plenty fast enough. the esc is an e-flight 40 amp pro in the stryker. it will pulse at about 10.7 volts letting you know she's ready to quit. put her in a fast glide with maybe one more hit and land. this esc will save your li-po battery and it will last a long time. i have over 50 flights on my parkzone 2200 mah. the funjet esc does not have a voltage cut off that i know of. be sure to fly no more than 4 minutes, then check voltage. never get the battery below 10.5 volts. even if it's 11 volts it only takes 5 seconds to drop it to low. the low volts of 9 volts on an 11.1 li-po is dead low. you will ruin it very soon if you run it down past 10.5 keep track of the flight time and land way ahead of running it down. this is the worst thing you can do to ruin the battery. these motors draw alot of amps fast so caution the time...........HAPPY LANDINGS.................RON
Old 06-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at the Hobby King RadJet. I like mine very much. My first pusher so I don't have anything to compare it too.