Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Megatech Merlin

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:16 AM
IflyCFII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megatech Merlin

For those of you concidering buying a Megatech Merlin, I say thumbs up. The Merlin RTF was easy to assemble with no parts missing. Have flown numerous flights with no mishaps so far. I found it easy to fly, even in a 10mph wind. I would recommend newbies to fly in near calm wind. I found my Merlin to be a gentle slo-flyer that is easy to control. Landing was a piece of cake. I have not experienced any radio problems that others have complained about.

One other thing to consider.... I have only been in this hobby for 2 yrs, and the Merlin is my first electric park flyer. I have been flying glow planes previously and decided to try something different. Glad I picked this plane as my first park flyer. Looking forward to eventually flying other electric planes with more speed and maneuverability.

Anybody have recommendations as to what would be a good 2nd electric plane to buy that can offer more on those days when the wind isn't perfect?
Old 09-05-2003, 04:31 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Megatech Merlin

electrics and parkflyers and wind dont generally mix well, but maybe a sky scooter would do since you have some experience..Rog
Old 09-05-2003, 08:02 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

Default Megatech Merlin

if i were u though i'd buy the kit and use a 9.6v battery back and balance it out.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:14 PM
eflyer2

Default Megatech Merlin

Do yourself a huge favor and check out Mountain Models planes, prices are right, planes are easy to build and fly great, some are convertable, different wings allow you to go from mild to crazy, they have a model for every taste.

Ef