Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

capacitors needed on SS motor?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

capacitors needed on SS motor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 03:02 PM
az_jerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default capacitors needed on SS motor?

I'm new to this park flying thing. I've mostly built my Slow Stick w/300c motor and GWS flight pack (waiting for a few mail order parts). I read somewhere that capacitors placed across the motor leads and from each lead to the motor case are necessary to reduce electrical noise. But I believe I only saw this once and haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere. Are they really needed? Not "needed" but a good idea anyway?
Old 09-06-2003, 03:41 PM
sierra gold

Unless GWS has changed something, your EPS-300C should have had the caps installed.

Yes, their purpose is to suppress "noise" from the operation of the motor.

Sierra Gold
Old 09-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

GWS EPS300C motors should look like this on the back, capacitors already installed. Most of the time you should easily see the external caps, if they aren't there you should add them (you can also add a 3rd cap across the terminals to improve noise surpression. The exception is with Graupner Speed 400 motors, which has caps installed inside the motor end bell (you can see it thru the vent holes).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	107891_19586.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	59903