Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Backyard (Acre size) plane suggestion

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Backyard (Acre size) plane suggestion

Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
tpawyant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backyard (Acre size) plane suggestion

Hey all, its been a while but my boys are wanting to fly around in RC now. Currently, one has a Night Vapor, but I think he ready to step up a bit. My question is this, is there a good Foam or durable plane that has ailerons, but can be flown as a 3 channel plane at first, then enable the ailerons later? If so, what do you suggest?

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:39 AM
downunderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Backyard (Acre size) plane suggestion

The Hobbyzone Supercub DSM is pretty good... it comes with a 4 channel 2.4 GHz TX, and the electronics in the plane are set up to control aileron servos. So you can fly it as is comes as a three channel, and then when you're ready to add ailerons you will need to cut them into the wings and install servos, which is a fairly easy modification.

It may be a bit too big of a plane for flying in a one acre back yard, though.