Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Aerobird Replacememt part problems

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird Replacememt part problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 09:37 AM
flying klown
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Replacememt part problems

I would like to ask if anyone has ever had a problem with any replacement part fuselage for the Aerobird?

I am on CH 6. I do not know if that makes any difference but this is happning to me and I am on CH 6. I have bought 3 different fuslages from two different places on the web. One place two times it was a replacement fo a replacement! They are new and are wrapped. However everyone I have ever got seemd to be a bit different. Seems like the plastic is thinner. I do not know this for sure maybe it is just me.

BUT I do know that there is a problem ALWAYS with the RIGHT SERVO. I can set the control lines and trim to be perfect. I start flying and when I come around for the first turn the plane starts to wobble and ends up crashing. EVERYTIME.

The wing was checked. trim set. pilot ok. I have had three other people at the club work on it and we have the same results. Everytime I am told I have a defected one. This is happening with every replacement fuse part that I am buying.

I have went over and over it. I am sending one to Horizing Hobby and the other back for a refund and going to just buy a whole new kit. I have spent so much $$$ with shipping back and forth and TIME waiting I could have bought a new Aerobird.

I have heard of this on other forums people having the same problem I am having. I would like to ask whoever has bought a replacement fuse have you had this problem?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2003, 09:24 PM
WingBreaker
Banned

Default RE: Aerobird Replacememt part problems

Sorry for your problems. I know this stuff can get expensive. I have ordered 3 fuselages from Horizonhobby.com, and they all worked well. Two were for my Firebird II setup and one for my firebird commander.

I did have a little trouble getting the tail adjustments right on the FBC because of those little screws. They can loosen up in the air if you don't tighten them properly. Maybe this could be a problem with your new fuselages.

I am pretty new to this stuff, but I have figured out that the most simple things can make the biggest problems. Double check all your connections and stuff. It is amazing what you can overlook.

Just some thoughts,

Mike
Old 09-18-2003, 11:22 AM
dribbe

Hi,

You may use the ch. 6 Aerobird Challenger Fuselage.
You can get it from your dealer, or at horizonhobby.com
The part # for ch. 6 is HBZ3546. It is in stock.

The original Aerobird fuselage is also in stock. HBZ6046
So, There are TWO parts in stock you can choose from!

If you are having technical difficulties, please send the entire product with Tx back to HH service, and I am sure they can take care of it.

Best Regards,
David
Old 09-18-2003, 03:48 PM
flying klown

Thanks....I just got another brand new CH 6 TX and the fuse still acts the same. It comes and goes. That is bad when in air. Yeah. I am in contact with Horizon Hobby. I thought I would try one last thing. The TX. So nothing changed. I swear my first bird flew just great. Had several flights. Learned and got back into the groove from a revived Hobby.

I just bought a Trainer Super Star Towier Hobbie. So I will be ready in two weeks. I am going to ahead and get instruction that comes along with it. I fly at a club. They all know me and know I can fly a 3 channel. That is all I have ever flown. So they tell me it is going to be so much easier...Well I got to see that myself!

Back to the Aerobird; Seems like the spare parts or the place I am getting them just are no good. The problem I am having is that when I turn the stick to the right the left flap comes up and the right flap supposed to stay still. It is moving. This is causing the plane to roll and turn where I do not want it to go and climb. I have adjusted the screws on bottom. I have a x-tail and have restrung this three different times. I bought a new CH 6 TX. Hooked everything up Just like the instructions say step by step. This little movement makes the flight very wobbly and the plane want to climb. The trim setting do not help. So the last three fuse has done this.

So I go out and buy a CH 1 Aerobird. On sale but not that much on sale! it is on 26MHZ the same damn thing is happening. I was ready to hang myself. But we will not do that. I guess they all do this? But Then at times it will act just fine. That is why we go ahead and get airborne. After about 50 ft in height it starts acting up. I have never in my whole life understand what could be possibly be going on.....
Old 09-19-2003, 09:44 AM
dribbe

Hi,

Are you flying near any big towers, or big highways....
Have you tried a different flying site??

Sometimes it is nice to eliminate that.

Regards,
David
Old 09-19-2003, 01:35 PM
flying klown

Hi Dave,
No. I am flying in the same areas. Weird how it changed. I bought a new TX on CH 6. It is in the receiver/TX area. It was seeming to be highly sensitive. But I trimmed it all out with the new radio. I hope I got it now. Wind blowing 50MPH today may go tomorrow if it clams down any. May hang at the Hobby store open till 10 PM on Friday nights. Boy I got it bad don't I. Cannot wait to go test fly the two Aerobirds. I have a CH 6 and a CH 1 which CH1 is on 26MHZ I noticed. We have to post our frequency's at the field.

But all ground checks are go,,,
Old 09-23-2003, 02:07 AM
flying klown

Everything worked well Sunday. I had problems Saturday. But it turned out to be the dane RUBBER BAND on the elevator! This will make it look like you have a servo problem. But that was it. Had no more problems! Both Aerobirds fly great now!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Nice!

A word of advice, though: Once you got the first malfunctioning fuselage, you should've gone straight to Horizon. Unlike most hobby shops, who will just take your plane and go to Horizon anyway, Horizon would work directly with you to get the problem fixed. You shouldn't have had to buy another transmitter, unless you know for a fact that you physically broke it. One-way shipping is much cheaper than repeatedly buying new parts.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:55 PM
dribbe

Hi,

Glad your problems are clearing up.

And yes, you should feel free to work with Horizon directly with any product that appears to be defective.

Have Fun,
David
Old 09-23-2003, 07:58 PM
flying klown

Sometimes it seems like there is a servo problem. Come to find out...it was the rubber band issue. Turn right the left flap goes up the right stays still. the riyght was going down at the same ti,me. It keeps happenimng. I have tpo adjust and adkust. Sunday the plane ran flawless. Today nothing but a wobbily flight. The rubber band gets pulled out of shape or something. It has to be the right size or it will not work. When I get it set...the plane flies flawless.

Today the wind was blowing around 10 to 15 MPH. It was a challenge to fly it with the right flap going down when I turned right. I just wanted to fly today not work on the plane. I flew it anyway. It was fun. I have mastered the Aerobird So I am told. I do not get to cocky. I just wanted to fly. There is a difference. I do know since I got my Trainer I have been more "Relaxed with the Aerobird" anmd transfered the stress or fear or whatever that is to the Trainer. I hope soon to be over all that. I am getting now where I am looking forward to having a great time instead of thinking of crashing and having to start alkl over again. Now that is a good feeling! They say the more you fly and take your time the easier it is. it supposed to be fun. Not stressful! They tell me I do not nee instruction I need to solo....I do not wnat to do that yet. Maybe in a few months. The Aerobiord has really taught me well.

Ok later dudes

Old 09-24-2003, 01:18 AM
flying klown

choose your flight mode:
Multi-Mode flight control Software lets you choose between Sport and Pro Mode. Sport Mode combines Hobbyzone's patented Flight-Trak control system with pitch to keep control responses smooth and manageable so you can familiarize yourself with the pitch control successfully. Once you've mastered the basics, you can unlock
pro mode formaximum control surface throws and standard V-tailmixing that's perfect for aerial combat or aerobatics.