Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guillows Cessna 180 Conversion Build Thread

I started this build two weeks ago, but the fuselage was completely destroyed by my angry gf and I just bought a new kit a few days ago to continue my build, well I left for work after finnishing the fuselage the night before and came home to find that my kitten had chewed and broken the top half of the entire fuse so as I started to repair it I realised I now had access to any where I need so I decided to go ahead and convert it I mean I might as well Ive put this much time and effort into it but I have some questions and would like to turn this into a build thread kinda but I want to know if on a model this small should I have Alierons or if I can even have them Ive got the servos for it and is my electronic/power setup enough for this? my receiver is an AR6400 brick I have a AP05 brushless motor with a matching speed contoller and the batteries I have to supply power are 300 mAh 25c 1s/3.7v Lipoly. I will start posting pictures within a day or two
    What do you mean I lost? I was the only one drifting the entire race!

My Middle Finger Wont Go Down How Do I Wave?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Be aware that converting a small *heavy* Guillows kit to RC is a difficult exercise.. it may be impossible to build it light enough.

*.......* :The spar balsa supplied with Guillows kits is like pine! If you replace all those heavy spars with contest balsa you may have a better chance.

Here is a useful thread on trying to obtain lightness: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993275
    Last edited by Dr Kiwi; 02-02-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    Dr Phil Millener, Chattanooga, TN

Here is a video of my friend and his Guillows Super Cub with the guts out of the UMX Beast running 2s 7.4 lipo batteries. You can see how he installed ailerons and can compare your power system to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk3Wo0l2DAA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ugh last week the second fuselage was destroyed Im trying to rebuild this one its in two main pieces but the nose is just gone so Ill reconstruct it with store bought 1/16 balsa sheet using the plans everything forward of the LG is whats not rebuildable anymore unless I splice it like planned my kitten jumped on my work bench knocking my lamp over onto my plane and spilling my drink onto the ESC, Motor, servo, and a Lipo battery and I narrowly saved the Control brick so the project is on hold for a couple weeks until I raise some funds
    What do you mean I lost? I was the only one drifting the entire race!

My Middle Finger Wont Go Down How Do I Wave?