Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Miss America P-51 by Flyzone

All I can say is WOW!

My father (Mithrandir) managed to score me a Flyzone P51 in Miss America Colors.
    I can't believe what a blast this little Mustang is to fly.

In the following posts I am going to do a little review of this plane, from unboxing, assemble, and getting the plane in the air.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05296a.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	1965169  

First off, the idea with the Aircore line of models is the ability to fly your own little warbird, capable of flight in a small location, such as a grass school playground, without the labour of building different airplanes. With the Aircore Power Core, any and every one of the Aircore airplanes can be flown by just simply installing the Power Core in the desired airframe.

The first thing you will see when you unbox the airplane is the fueselage perfectly boxed surrounded by foam, keeping the plane very safe. I actually find the best place to store it when Im not flying, is in the box. See picture 2 below.

1. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05263.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	1965171

2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05264.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	1965173

The Aircore Power Core is basically a small platform with the Brushless motor, ESC, battery mount, and all of the needed micro-servos in place. It is 100% universal with ALL of the Aircore Airframes, no servo reversing, tweaking, just swap and fly! This makes for versatility, and for easy, quick flights before work or during lunch.

3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05266.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	1965178

4. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05267.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	1965179

Next up is the Airframe. The wings are also magnetically held in place, with a small insert-tab at the leading edge, making sure the wings stay alined and in place. The important part of getting the wings in place is getting the push-rods from the ailerons into their needed location. This is easily done by pusing them into the hooks shown in picture 6.This makes sure that the Power Core easily connects with said push-rods.

5 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05268.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	1965180

6. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05274.JPG 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	1965181

7. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05272.JPG 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	1965182

After installing the wings, the next step is putting the Power Core into its correct place. The push-rods are all magentically connected, and the way to ensure that the Power Core is in its correct place is by:
    - Making sure that all the control surfaces are in the neutral position. If not, try moving the Power Core forward in the airframe.
    - Check that the housing for the propeller is reaching further then the front of the airframe, because if not, the Power Core is not in its correct position. Picture 8 shows this.

8. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05279.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	1965184

Setting the propeller into place is very simple. Check photo 8 above to ensure the Power Core is in its correct place, then just snap the prop into place! One of the great features about this plane is that if the prop recieves too much load from something, it will pop off, ensuring no damage is done to the propeller or the Power Core.

9.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05282.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	1965185

Finally, the last step is really varying on where the plane will be taking off and landing. The tough contruction can easily handle grass for smooth belly landings at the local park, but the sturdy landing gear easily support the airframe for landing on concrete and asphalt. The landing gear very securly slide, then snap into place. And they just as easily are removed, making this already amazing airplane, even more versatile.

10. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05284.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	1965186

Now that assembly is comeplete, you now have a fully built Aircore Model Plane. Something that is very rare with small airplanes of this type is sturdy, smooth flight. This plane is an excellent example of how a plane this size should fly. It has a very impressive amount of power, flys very nicely, and it looks amazing in the air, especially with some low fly-bys.I loved it so much that within 2 days of having it, I was flying as fast as I could get the batteries charged. Listed below is the links for this system.

Aircore Airframe (Miss America P-51)
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDNNU&P=ML

The Power Core, universal with every Aircore Airframe
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNNP&P=V

Flyzone Aircore LiPo 2S 7.4V 250mAh 20C Battery
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNUX&P=M

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05286.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	1965187

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05294a.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	1965188

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    YES i to have one and its a great little ship. fast and nimble. i have been flying without the landing gear. to only problem is when landing the prop and spinner pops off. (but it is designed too) It is helpfull to use tweezers to help engage the magnets for the pushrods. Its a fun little airplane!!!

Consider the prop popping off a blessing. I'd much rather have to snap it back into place more than buying new ones after breaking them