Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

I landed my Slow Stick

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:50 PM
ACRpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I landed my Slow Stick

On the wheels no less. I didn't even break the prop. It took me three weeks of flying until I broke the plane on weekend mornings when the wind is low. The biggest help that I can say was screwing the servo mount to the fuselage.
I could finally trim the plane out to where it would fly after I did that. That and setting the duel rates to 125% on high and 60% on low. I can barely see the elevator move on low but the plane flys fine. I burned thru four battery packs in one day before I stalled a little to close to the ground and the plane when in inverted.[&:] Not really sure how to get out of that with out alot of altitude. Just thought I would share. I can't wait until I fly more than I fix.

Patrick
Old 09-25-2003, 03:08 PM
cwat212

Default RE: I landed my Slow Stick

congratulations. Keep it up!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

Congrats!!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:23 AM
slehmann

ACR,

Way to go.

The ONLY time I fly is just after sun up on weekends when there's virtually no wind. I usually get up at 6am or so , make up a batch of rc pilot-juice (rilly strong coffee (I'm not a morning person)), and head down to a field nearby.

I usually fly for an hour oor so, or until the neighborhood dogs wake up and threaten to turn my Tiger Moth into a chew toy. Their owners aren't very good at restraining them.

Slehmann
Old 09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Boyce

well done! every day that i don't crash is a great day. and when i do crash, it's usually pilot error...trying to fly in too much of a breeze. and aint goin' thru four battery packs a blast? you bet...you're getting good fast. happy landings.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:13 PM
joeythes

Stick with it! If I can do it, you can do. I have only been flying for a couple of weeks and now every flight is a thrill. I've stopped doing vertical landings and now its on the wheels every time.

Joe