Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Lightning strikes - red bull p-38 prepared for war!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Lightning strikes - red bull p-38 prepared for war!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:53 AM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning strikes - red bull p-38 prepared for war!

LIGHTNING STRIKES!!! Red Bull P-38 at war!

With a thrust to weight ratio as good or better than the best of my "souped up" previous fighters and its spectacular looks - my modeling buddies claimed this P-38 is the best looking of all my fighters - we can now enjoy the kind of unique pleasure that only a Lightning can provide. I did have to design and build a nose gear system that would work. The front gear door also needed its hinge location to be changed in order for it to work properly. The resulting gap on the right side of the door functions to allow air cooling for the battery. The added "50 caliber" machine gun and "37 mm" cannon barrels installed in the nose provides the cooling air that helps me feel comfortable about slamming the ship around at high power settings. Spare P-51 Mustang GUNFIGHTER insignia stars were added to the wing and booms. At the moment this attention getting "science/history enrichment weapon against all unforgivable willful ignorance" is just too beautiful to have invasion stripes painted on its bottom sides. After a sufficient amount of flying a final decision about adding invasion stripes will be made. The important thing at this point in history is the influence for good that this piece of aggressive flying art is able to inflict upon every form of tyranny against the mind of man!

VICTORY! Skunkworks - designer of the P-38 - see next URL for company description and/or type < fusion reactor > into GOOGLE'S search window (Google's URL is located on my "post signatures" of some of my past posts.) provides overwhelming evidence of the REVOLUTIONARY ENERGY TECHNOLOGY THAT CANNOT BE STOPPED! www.lockheedmartin.com/us/.../compact-fusion.html (Although when I first tested this URL it worked fine. It now fails to work, I "wonder why" (?).

WELL, GUESS WHAT. WHEN I "CUT AND PASTED" THE ABOVE URL INTO THE GOOGLE SEARCH WINDOW EASILY AVAILABLE BELOW IN THE "POST SIGNATURE" IT WORKED PERFECTLY. DO WE GOT FUN OR WHAT?

Red Bull P-38. (UNABLE TO "CUT AND PAST," OR BRING UP A PICTURE OF THE BEAUTIFUL FLITEWORK RED BULL P-38 ON THE WEB, 9/22/16.)
(9/25/16 - pictures returned)

AIM HIGH . . . FLY-FIGHT-WIN!

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (Rom. 2)
__________________________________________________ _______________
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #408 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling (SEE POST BELOW) - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ ________________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

GOOGLE < https://www.google.com/ > " FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (Rom. 2) " to show the close relationship between ULTIMATE ENERGY TECHNOLOGY and AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY.

PS http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 might help show a motive behind the destruction of my web sites and pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 brings up a sample of some of my latest web warfare that's keeping me pinned down a lot.

The URL on all of my fighter threads for the information about Winston Churchill no longer works for me. In case it doesn't work for others also, here is a "cut and pasted" copy of my favorite post about this great leader.

RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)
CHURCHILL VOTED GREATEST BRITON OF ALL TIME!

It is really great to enjoy the enthusiasm of so many Spitfire Brotherhood members for what many believe to be the most beautiful fighter of all time! One of the monuments to Britain's FINEST HOUR, the SPITFIRE is surely a great reminder of the FEW to whom so many owe so much!

Britain's leader at the time, Sir Winston Churchill, has been named the greatest Briton of all time in a nation wide poll. His inspirational leadership is inseparable from the heroic fighter pilots and their immortal aircraft. It is impossible for me to separate the idealism from the planes and/or the pilots. "If Britain - its eccentricity, its big heartedness, its strength of character - has to be summed up in one person, it has to be Winston Churchill." So says the article entitled: "Churchill voted greatest Briton."

The insulting act of kicking Winston Churchill's statue out of the White House (check out the web for articles) should require at the very least an apology. Surely I am not the only Spitfire and Hurricane owner fan to be offended. So far, only one other modeler has demonstrated the same feelings I have about the situation.

I am looking forward to participating in Battle of Britain celebrations in spirit by flying my Spitfires and Hurricane in memory of the Battle that surely saved Western Civilization from destruction as well as the values that made it possible.

Modelers can, and I hope will play an important roll in the culture war that is desperately and relentlessly being waged to enslave us all to a powerful elite. So, let us wake up and smell the gun powder before it is too late!

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] (I wish the "action smileys" would work consistently on my PC. Until I see them working like they should I will not be clicking on them to use on my posts for the foreseeable future.)

__________________________________________________ ___
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ ___
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post # 407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling

PS For some unknown reason I am being blocked from forwarding a copy of this post to friends. You don't suppose someone out there doesn't like me very much, do you? (problem finally corrected (4/19/12) possibly before going "viral.")

Without encouragement of wholesome enduring values that promote personal growth, modeling would be little more than a frivolous waste of time, or worse - check out the "Turkey Shoot" page on my CALL TO GLORY [now located on my Hurricane thread as well as the MK II Spit site that includes attacking responses] web site to see what I mean. Cultural relevance of modeling is essential for it to thrive and grow like it should.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park...hurricane.html (post # 124)

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 10-19-2015 at 01:37 PM. Reason: TRIED TO FIX A PICTURE THAT DISAPPEARED
Old 10-30-2015, 09:36 PM
mad web tv scientist

PICTURE NEEDED HERE (still can't post pictures)

Happy Halloween fellow P-38 enthusiasts. Below is a report on updated trim and structural adjustments along with flying performance evaluation observations of the slightly modified "Red Bull" P-38. But first in the interests of technological relevance and popular cultural interests that now has people dressing up for Halloween in "energy technology costumes" my choice would be to dress up like the greatest inventor in history (Please see documentation on my "Banzai - Terror in the sky" thread here on this RCU forum) and carry a model of his revolutionary clean burning hydrogen fuel from water invention I have been advertising for a quarter of a century with my airplane structural and aerodynamic technology developments.

I haven't been able to post pictures here so we will simply have to get by with words. The stock airplane required a slight right and down thrust trim adjustment to correct an unneeded tendency for the plane to yaw left. Luckily, I removed the motors and discovered a motor bolt was completely unattached to both motors. I added "flexible glue" about 1/4 inch back around the wing leading edge/fuselage's areas, and the last 1/4 inch of the vertical stab/elevator stab areas.

Flying performance proved to be quite good with my usual "F-15 like vertical climb" and roll while flying straight up shortly after takeoff. Knife edge flight was surprisingly easy as were all other "fighter plane maneuvers." In fact, the joyful excitement was so great that as I was making my first landing approach I happen to notice that the landing gear was not extended so I throttled up, extended the gear and went around for what was my very first and very nice tricycle landing gear ROG landing. This plane is just too beautiful to be flying under anything but the best of conditions. Like my guns, once the machine is perfectly tuned in it will probably become basically a conversation piece.

~

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (Rom. 2)
__________________________________________________ _______________
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #408 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling (SEE POST BELOW) - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ ________________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

GOOGLE < https://www.google.com/ > " FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (Rom. 2) " to show the close relationship between ULTIMATE ENERGY TECHNOLOGY and AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY.

PS http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 might help show a motive behind the destruction of my web sites and pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 brings up a sample of some of my latest web warfare that's keeping me pinned down a lot.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 12-19-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:03 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default Newest "red bull"

My newest "Red Bull P-38 Lightning" is set up as a very nice "Stand off Scale" version of the "real thing" shown here. It is a full 10 ounces lighter than my retractable gear equipped "combat air warfare" model version that should fly very nicely slow enough to be comfortably enjoyed in the small ground cluttered field near my house.

This piece of "historic flying art work" is possibly the perfect way to provide irresistible advertising for the "Skunk Works" irrefutable revolutionary energy technology mentioned on this thread earlier.

Aim high, Fly, fight. win!

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (compare Rom. 2)

__________________________________________________ (Please see "cut & pasted" Spitfire Brotherhood post at end.) ( Spitfire Brotherhood
all Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #408 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 See why we fight - www.goodfight.com _

_________________________________________________T he following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight! http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

PS http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 might help show a motive behind the destruction of my web sites and pictures

.https://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 brings up a sample of some of my latest web warfare that's keeping me pinned down a lot.

The URL on all of my fighter threads for the information about Winston Churchill no longer works for me. In case it doesn't work for others also, here is a "cut and pasted" copy of my favorite post about this great leader

.RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

CHURCHILL VOTED GREATEST BRITON OF ALL TIME!

It is really great to enjoy the enthusiasm of so many Spitfire Brotherhood members for what many believe to be the most beautiful fighter of all time! One of the monuments to Britain's FINEST HOUR, the SPITFIRE is surely a great reminder of the FEW to whom so many owe so much! Britain's leader at the time, Sir Winston Churchill, has been named the greatest Briton of all time in a nation wide poll. His inspirational leadership is inseparable from the heroic fighter pilots and their immortal aircraft. It is impossible for me to separate the idealism from the planes and/or the pilots.

"If Britain - its eccentricity, its big heartedness, its strength of character - has to be summed up in one person, it has to be Winston Churchill." So says the article entitled: "Churchill voted greatest Briton." The insulting act of kicking Winston Churchill's statue out of the White House (check out the web for articles) should require at the very least an apology. Surely I am not the only Spitfire and Hurricane owner fan to be offended. So far, only one other modeler has demonstrated the same feelings I have about the situation.

I am looking forward to participating in Battle of Britain celebrations in spirit by flying my Spitfires and Hurricane in memory of the Battle that surely saved Western Civilization from destruction as well as the values that made it possible. Modelers can, and I hope will play an important roll in the culture war that is desperately and relentlessly being waged to enslave us all to a powerful elite. So, let us wake up and smell the gun powder before it is too late!

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win.

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] (I wish the "action smileys" would work consistently on my PC. Until I see them working like they should I will not be clicking on them to use on my posts for the foreseeable future.) __________________________________________________ ___FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/ __________________________________________________ ___ Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post # 407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling-

PS For some unknown reason I am being blocked from forwarding a copy of this post to friends. You don't suppose someone out there doesn't like me very much, do you? (problem finally corrected (4/19/12) possibly before going "viral.")

Without encouragement of wholesome enduring values that promote personal growth, modeling would be little more than a frivolous waste of time, or worse - check out the "Turkey Shoot" page on my CALL TO GLORY [now located on my Hurricane thread (post 124) as well as the MK II Spit site that also includes enemy attacks] web site to see what I mean. Cultural relevance of modeling is essential for it to thrive and grow like it should.

E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!! (URL doesn't work - see "TURKEY SHOOT" post at end of this post.)

PPS For the first time in months the Spitfire Brotherhood post URL above actually worked for me. Will wonders never cease?

(THIS INFORMATION BELONGS AT THE TOP OF MY LAST POST.)

(PLEASE CLICK ON URL TO BRING UP PICTURE OF "ENEREX" IF PICTURE FAILS TO SHOW UP HERE.) http://www.rexresearch.com/nakamats/nakamats.htm (Newspaper article below also has a picture of ENEREX and Dr. Nakamats. How I got my "name" is shown in the copy from MODEL BUILDER magazine.

Dr Yoshiro Nakamats & his Enerex
http://dr.nakamats.com

In case my instructions about my "turkey shoot" page were not clear, here it is:

RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B
[8D] derek, some time ago I read a thread title that said something like, "Park Flyers are the wild west of modeling." Unlike modeling enthusiasts in the past, we do not have to put up with anti-social immaturity in order to enjoy modeling today. They will repent or perish!

With the web we are able to meet and interact with others who share our values and we can actually get away with participating in the healthy growth of modeling. The manufactures know there is some money to be had with the kind of positive culturally relevant modeling activities that are developing in spite of the best efforts by and for a "chosen few" to maintain modeling as essentially little more than some sort of restrictive esoteric "cheap imitation religious activity."

The war to make modeling a culturally relevant activity will ultimately be won when the price is right. Like in all "cultural progress" money is the key to victory! In fulfillment of Abe Lincoln's idealism, "may right make might," as opposed to the still popular but fading principle of "might makes right," righteousness is more powerful and profitable than any esoteric tyranny that is surely destined for the ash heap of history.

To some of us it really doesn't matter. The pure joy of fighting for truth, justice, and the American way in modeling, knowing by faith that we are on the winning side makes our crusade unstoppable. The "turkey shoot" provided by the enemies of modeling almost makes it too easy to enjoy modeling sometimes. Warbirds are perfect "teaching aids" in this kind of warfare. I believe that modeling will eventually become generally recognized as a wholesome activity even before the culture war is won. Progress is inevitable. The real war is for the mind. Only the truth stands a chance of winning! Every form of tyranny against the mind of man will be defeated. Park Flyers are perfect for leading the charge to ultimate victory!

As for myself, I will not be "unequally yoked" together with any one or any group that gives aid and comfort to the enemies of truth, regardless of how many toys they might have on their side. There is plenty of room for us "misfits" in the "wild west of modeling!" Just remember to always be ready to, "go to guns!"

I'm sure you can find threads on RCU that would be helpful in your quest to build 60 plus size warbirds. There is no doubt about the inspiration that can be provided by the "big birds." Just be sure to stay in touch with at least an occasional post to us "little airplane people" if you go in that direction. In order to accomplish my mission objectives in the most efficient way possible, I must stay with my "little" PF's. Like you have stated, the convenience of our PF's is really great and it's probably more out of bias against the above mentioned "bad guys" than anything else that I will not be doing any big R/C in the near future.

Like the HZ Cub I am emotionally "imprinted"on the PZ Spitfire appearance. The differences between full scale and my models is irrelevant to my current esthetic tastes, but I can appreciate your interests in the Spit. I have the same kind of tastes with P-51's and F-86's - they must be almost perfect scale or I get turned off. As you alluded to, we must not ever allow our aesthetic or other preferences to become idols as our esoteric acquaintances have done to the detriment of modeling and culture, not to mention to their own lost souls. There are some really interesting Spitfires and info on the "Warbird Challenge" thread. Hopefully, the authors will have something to say about them here.

Yes, I have put in my request to PZ for a P-40, Me-109F, and a Stuka with at least a "polite" dive siren. I won't be able to resist buying a Zero if it comes out first, however. WWII warbirds really are irresistible. In an effort to be balanced, I have firmed up my plans to buy a 4 ch F-15 and I would like to equip it with a new "interference free" radio system some time after I get my PZ Corsair dialed in, preferably with an identical radio system in order to have the kind of back up I will need. One thing though, my wife only half kidding said, "you can't have any more planes because there is no more space left in the house for any more!"

Hang in there, nobody promised that this was going to be an easy fight!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

"SMOT" free energy demonstrator

This demonstrator animation works well on post 124 of the Hurricane thread.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 12-26-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: UNSCRAMBLED MESS, REPLACED MISSING PICTURES
Old 12-25-2015, 06:24 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default Newest "red bull"

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW P- 38 ENTHUSIASTS!

With it's AS3X technology the AR636 receiver makes this light version Red Bull fly very nicely. First maiden was flown almost too late in the evening due to the climate change in winter. Speaking of which see "Christmas gift" at the end. I also enjoyed a nice flight over my small ground cluttered field near my house. Wind speed was a turbulent 15 MPH. The ship performed flawlessly. I promise that this killer airplane is going to get a lot of flying! My older ship now has aggressive invasion stripes on the bottom side to enjoy complete and unconditional victory over every enemy opposed to truth, justice, and the American way!

Please enjoy this amazing "Christmas gift." Global warming debunked: NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer
Tags: solar radiation, global warming, debunked

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040448_so...#ixzz3vNfbbHsZ

In case my Facebook Timeline URL is not working please enjoy the following related Information:

~

Richard Porter

December 21 at 6:56pm ·

CLIMATE CHANGE (formerly called GLOBAL WARMING before scientific data proved that the warming trend stopped years ago) can be affected by HAARP technology. Ice thickness at the poles is thickening contrary to Al Gore's dogmatic predictions. The consensus of real scientists who actually study all relevant data is that the earth is entering a cooling phase as has happened in it's history. The following information by a recognized honest author presents information that may be... suppressed very much like revolutionary clean, low cost energy technology has been but is now in the process of being made more widely known. Lockheed Martin may have and/or is perfecting technology superior to the already in use Thorium Plasma Battery technology currently being used by NASA and the world's leading militaries. Timing is important in the inevitable development of progress.
HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic Warfare
By Fred Burks
Global Research, January 18, 2015
Global Research and WantToKnow.info 1 August 2010
Theme: Militarization and WMD
In-depth Report: Climate Change
HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic Warfare
This article was first published on August 1, 2010
“It isn’t just conspiracy theorists who are concerned about HAARP. The European Union called the project a global concern and passed a resolution calling for more information on its health and environmental risks. Despite those concerns, officials at HAARP insist the project is nothing more sinister than a radio science research facility.”
– Quote from a TV documentary on HAARP by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).

HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) is a little-known, yet critically important U.S. military defense program which has generated quite a bit of controversy over the years in certain circles. Though denied by HAARP officials, some respected researchers allege that secret electromagnetic warfare capabilities of HAARP are designed to forward the US military’s stated goal of achieving full-spectrum dominance by the year 2020. Others go so far as to claim that HAARP can and has been used for weather modification, to cause earthquakes and tsunamis, to disrupt global communications systems, and more (GOOGLE the entire article for more solid information

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 12-25-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:03 PM
mad web tv scientist

Highest scoring P-38 Ace in the European (ETO) Theater. My "war plane" version of the Lightning will have his 7 and 1/3 kills represented by small swastika kill marks under an as yet to be determined number of Japanese kill marks. Both the light "flying billboard" and "warbird versions" of this legendary fighter are looking and flying great and will continue to be used on the side of the good guys as we continue to relentlessly wage war on the winning side of the culture war.

Here is some useful documentation that keeps disappearing from my posts: can't post picture here.

Looks like we may have to try another way to communicate since my documentation fails to post here.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 04-07-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:10 PM
mad web tv scientist

American Ace of Aces, Richard Bong will be honored with forty (40) Japanese flag "kill marks" on my upgraded Red Bull P-38 that now features nice looking adjustable split flaps that might allow comfortable flying performance over certain "smaller size flying fields." Up until now only my lighter belly landing (no landing gear) Red Bull "flying billboard" has been a practical performer over my "motor powered glider" size field.

Soon as good weather will allow, testing will determine what this beauty can do.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 04-19-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:34 AM
mad web tv scientist

Default SPLIT FLAP SYSTEM ON ORIGINAL P-38 and update on "Kill marks" - CLICK URL TO SEE PIC

Originally Posted by mad web tv scientist
American Ace of Aces, Richard Bong will be honored with forty (40) Japanese flag "kill marks" on my upgraded Red Bull P-38 that now features nice looking adjustable split flaps that might allow comfortable flying performance over certain "smaller size flying fields." Up until now only my lighter belly landing (no landing gear) Red Bull "flying billboard" has been a practical performer over my "motor powered glider" size field. Soon as good weather will allow, testing will determine what this beauty can do.Stay tuned.
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org...RG-0016786.jpg "Rising sun" and swastika "kill marks" are now installed on the air combat version of my Red Bull P-38 that is now ready for test flights to see if the plane will be capable of flying in small spaces with its adjustable split flaps. Airplane performance as a fighter in the two theaters of war can inspire interesting conversations.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 04-26-2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 04-01-2016, 08:19 PM
mad web tv scientist

Shocked! Shocked I tell you! Given all that ponderous ugly weight (yuck!) of the retractable landing gear and the seemingly small amount of lift/drag provided by the 20 degree deflection of the four (4) split flaps I couldn't believe my eyes. My newest no landing gear installed "belly lander" recently had two (2) split flaps installed between the center pod and booms to make an already comfortable flying machine even more comfortable to fly over my small "motor powered glider size" flying site and the effect seemed rather small plus a little wobbly on outside loops.

This now fully war paint and weapons festooned battle tested warrior flew so slowly and so precisely I couldn't believe it! In fact, the ship flew so well that I am going out again to the same larger, safer test flying field and test it again to convince myself that what I am sure happened did in fact happen!

The "Skunk Works" surely has a great advertising teaching aid here in addition to it's undeniable revolutionary energy technology.

Stay tuned for excitement!

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 05-22-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:18 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default Amazing split flap discovery

Yesterday's very successful flight suggests to me that the reason for "wobbly" flight performance of earlier split flap systems is related to my use of only partial span flaps that sets up turbulence/drag differentials near the outboard ends of the flaps and the aft wing areas with no flaps. My objective now is to test this idea on other planes to see if they can enjoy the same positive effects as the now "fly anywhere"
killer P-38.

Yes, it's next flight will be over my small ground cluttered field surrounded by trees, brush, warehouses, power lines, houses, and a microwave radio tower that I haven't hit yet with anything. The trickiest crash that really faked me out in the area was when I was heroically making a landing approach into the wind while flying "safely" (?) high enough over the top of a warehouse when the GUNFIGHTER suddenly dropped onto the roof (P-51 GUNFIGHTER thread describes the incident). The cause of the crash was determined to be "down draft turbulence." The fix is to stay further away from the tops of buildings in windy weather.

Out.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 04-19-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:59 AM
mad web tv scientist

Due to malware problems I will be off the web for a while.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 04-26-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:36 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default Great flight over small field - still having severe malware problems

I was unable to tell the difference between the full spit flap and landing gear equipped Red Bull P-38 vs the significantly lighter "no landing gear equipped" Red Bull P-38 on my last flying session over my small ground cluttered flying field near my house. Next test will be to fly the Lightnings in back to back flights with my flying buddies to see what kind of differences we can observe in the flying performance of the two aircraft flying under the same conditions. To spoof my friend whose favorite fighter is the P-38 I will tell him that I have the only thing that is better than a P-38 to fly . . . two (2) P-38s

I've been struggling for hours with malware. May have to buy a new PC.

Out.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 06-09-2016 at 05:11 PM. Reason: FIXED A TYPO
Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default Great flight over small field - still having severe malware problems - can't edit

Blocked from editing post.

A few days later.) After a lot of scanning, malware crushing, etc. operations on the web are almost useful. Still can't edit very well.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 06-09-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: FIXED A TYPO
Old 06-08-2016, 09:46 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default Final test p-38 vs p-38

Tally-ho chaps!

The flights of the two differently configured planes were fairly predictable. My favorite flying lighter Lightning flew noticeably nicely slower when flying into the 10-15 MPH blowing 90 degree wind at low throttle. It also landed on the grass field with no sign of damage.

Even with twice as much split flap deflection angles as the lighter Lightning the retractable landing gear equipped ship flew noticeably slightly faster through the usual maneuvers discussed in other fighter posts. If I would have remembered to retract the gear immediately after take off I'm sure the vertical climb and roll while flying straight up would have looked better. In all the excitement the gear failed to be retracted until the plane leveled off at altitude so the climbing performance at that point in the flight was quite unflattering,

From now on the fun ROG take off retractable gear P-38 that lifts off nicely from the asphalt parking lot and lands on it's belly on the small grass field area near my house will be flown on only calm or almost calm days. I am leaving the small "hard landing wrinkles" on the nose of this plane for "conversation purposes." The lighter lightning will get the lion's share of demonstration flying.

So, aim high, fly, fight, win!

Out.

PS Malware, etc. has knocked out everything I've been trying to do for days. Hopefully this will post today. Yesterday's composition here failed to post, and editing on other posts would not work.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 06-25-2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: NEEDED AN ENEMY PLANE AT THE END