Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

New Plane to Review P-51 - Arrived Today Eleven Hobby P-51

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New Plane to Review P-51 - Arrived Today Eleven Hobby P-51

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:17 PM
FlyDon9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Plane to Review P-51 - Arrived Today Eleven Hobby P-51

I was very lucky and was chosen to review a new plane, a 1100mm wingspan P51 made by Eleven Hobby

This plane's recommended battery is a 3 cell, 2200 battery and not the 4 cell battery that so many other brands have now made their new standard. That is good news for me as I would otherwise had to have bought a new set of batteries.

This plane is equipped with flaps and retracts and as such requires a 6 channel receiver and radio. With the exception of the elevator which needs to be mounted to the fuselage all control rods and servo units are mounted. The servo units are all screwed in place, no glue used, this will make replacement of any servo units an easy chore.

I am very pleased with the quality of the foam. The finish is very smooth, the paint job is excellent with no runs or streaks and the is no sign of paint flaking anywhere.

It will be a while before I get a chance to maiden this plane as it is too large for me to fly in my usual sites in town, ball diamonds, playfields and school sites and I will have to drive out to a RC Flying site located north of town.

The Eleven Hobby people had released earlier a T-28 which has been getting very good reviews, both for quality of the airplane and finsh but also for its handling and flight characteristics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	922.5 KB
ID:	2172506   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	941.7 KB
ID:	2172507   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	1.00 MB