Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Official Eflite Carbon Cub SS Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Official Eflite Carbon Cub SS Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Official Eflite Carbon Cub SS Forum

I got my Carbon Cub a few days ago. Actually it's my 2nd one, because the first one had an elevator problem, but Horizon Hobby took good care of me, and overnighted another one. This one seems to be fine. I had to glue the landing gear fairings to the wire so they wouldn't keep popping off while learning how to land it, and also glued the wheel keepers on after losing the tail wheel for a while. Never did find that one push on keeper, but thankfully there was another one inboard of the wheel still on the wire.
I have maybe 5 flights on it so far, and it's an awesome little plane which certainly deserves it's own thread, so here we go...
It's been real windy here lately, so my poor little Carbon Cub has had to fly in 5 to 8 mph winds so far. It's been doing really well, but I need alot of practice. For it's size and weight, it sure handles the wind good. I was afraid of scuffin up the wing tips while landing, but the AS3X does a great job of correcting for the wind on the way in. It's a quick little plane, it has tons of power. They probably planned it that way so it could break loose from the water easily while float flying. From the video's i've seen they jump right up off of the water with no problem. I already have my floats, but havn't tried them out yet.
I moved all my control rods to the inner holes, and I think it's all about perfect now, I just wish all this crazy wind would stop. We were having 14 mph gusts last night, so I didn't even think of sending the little Cub up. I think 5 mph is about my wind limit with it, for now anyway.
I changed my battery plug to a JST, and just ordered 2 more 180mah batts from HK/USA. I have 2 batterys for it now, and im shootin for 8, so I still have 4 to order in the near future. Im really getting into these little BNF birds. I used to fly larger planes with 4 stroke Saito's and a gas powered Giant Super Stearman, but I think this little electric stuff is more fun, alot less work, and alot less hassel.
This Carbon Cub is the latest addition to my fleet of electric planes, and I think it's going to be my favorite. How bout you guys ?
Have you ever seen a better looking, more scale, fun to fly foamie ? I sure havn't. I think the Carbon Cub is a real winner
Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: Official Eflite Carbon Cub SS Forum

Love mine and its brother...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84781.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1899867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32584.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1899868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81391.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1899869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52420.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1899870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va70953.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1899871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78468.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1899872  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM
freeonthree

Beautiful pics of yours, great job ! I got 2 six minute flights in on mine tonight. Wind was down to about 3 or 4 mph. Im blown away how nice they fly. I think it's my favorite plane now.
I took a couple of pics tonight also. Love your deck level shots

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74137.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1899926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96520.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1899927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41877.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1899928  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:15 AM
SUMMIT120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that I had a binding problem with mine, but it turns out that the transmitter must be on for at least five seconds before you plug the airplane battery in.

The little plane flies great. I have flown is winds up to 14 mph so far. This plane has more power an agility than the larger white foam Cub that we all like.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Flying_Amp

Got one on the way with floats,looking forward to getting some flights in...
Old 08-20-2013, 11:51 PM
freeonthree

I've been flying mine alot, but still havn't tried it off water yet. I havn't had any trouble with it whatsoever, and I must have at least 50 flights on it now. Eflite sure did a fine job when they made these little planes. Truely amazing...
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 AM
adrthatxftghwen

I thought that I had a binding problem with mine
Old 04-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

This is the best $170 I have ever spent.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 AM
freeonthree

My Carbon Cub started having problems with the elevator. It would suddenly loose elevator control and crash. I gave it to a friend and he's having the same luck. Now it's a scotch tape, hot glue, demolition, crash test, Carbon Cub.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:03 AM
vetter63

I'm new to electrics but just bought an e-flight Carbon Z PNP and put my own receiver in it. My novice question is how is the receiver powered? Does it require a separate battery of does it derive its power form the on board flight battery? Instructions say nothing.