Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Ikarus Bleriot III upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 08:54 PM
farmerchicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ikarus Bleriot III upgrade

I don't know if this is the right section, but here goes. My brother and I are updating some of the models in my dad's fleet that has been sitting for about 14 years. One is a foam park flyer - Ikarus Bleriot III. It was set up with a graupner speed 280 connected to a three blade prop with a gear drive. Not sure what gear ratio, but I could try to count/measure if needed. We installed an orange RC receiver with a 2s 800mah hobby king battery, and it went fine, although a little low on power. So, we tried it again with a 3s 850mah battery, and it went great for several short flights, until the motor stopped, and apparently overheated based on how hot it was after landing. I was hoping it might work after cooling off, but nope, seems to be fried. Did we over volt it with the 11.1 v 3s battery? Can someone recommend a better, modern battery and motor combination for this plane? It was a lot of fun while it lasted.