Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

GWS Corsair - Brushless Options?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Corsair - Brushless Options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 09:06 AM
indyrcpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Corsair - Brushless Options?

I have a GWS Corsair to chase my buddy's GWS Zero with, but I want to make sure that I have enough power. I want to use a brushless motor, but I don't know which one.

I have a Slow Stick with an Astro 010 that I'm very pleased with. I'm considering another one, but I don't know which gear ratio will be best. I'm planning to use a 2-cell Etec 1200mah in it, 'cause it fits without cutting too much out of the fuse. That's the same battery I'm using in my stock motor GWS Me-109 and it works great. The Corsair will be heavier and draggier, so I'm afraid it wouldn't be enough.

Anyone on the list had any experience with brushless in the GWS Corsair?

Thanks!
Chuck in Indy
Old 10-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Biffster

Default RE: GWS Corsair - Brushless Options?

I'd recommend about 12 #40 Rubber bands. Your takeoff performance will be phenomenal, but the duration is something less than desirable.

Biff

(The Buddy)
Old 10-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Earthchain

Check this out! http://www.e-flightline.com/movie.htm
Old 10-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Mike Parsons

If you can find them, either a 350 Razor or 400 Razor mounted in a GWS GB. I have three of them and they are hard to beat. Lightweight and a hardy punch. Here is an example of a Razor 400 in a GWS Mustang. Outstanding performance.

[link=http://www.dustyscott.com/flightvids/04-21-03%20GWS%20P-51%20Mustang%20with%20RZ-400.wmv]Razor 400 GWS Mustang[/link]

www.razormotors.com
www.parkflyermotors.com
Old 10-11-2003, 08:22 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

In my GWS Zero, I'm running an MP Jet 25/35-20 with the 4.1:1 gearbox, APC 9x6 slo fly prop, and a Thunder Power 3 cell, 2100mah battery pack. When another flyer with a GWS Corsair saw the Zero perform, he ordered the same setup for himself. Haven't seen it yet but should fly ad good.