Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Will my WATTAGE F-86 FLy!!!??@?@?@HELP

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Will my WATTAGE F-86 FLy!!!??@?@?@HELP

Old 01-18-2003, 07:14 PM
XxNEALIOSzPLANESxX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my WATTAGE F-86 FLy!!!??@?@?@HELP

I just bought a f-86 and finished building it a couple days ago. I went out to a large field and TRIED to hand launch it as shown in the manual. It went nose first into the ground.There must not be enough lift because a friend threw it HARD with a running start.Should i modify it inany way? Im flying with a wattage 12v 10 cell nimh battery. I have a 4channel micro reciever and a futaba 6xas radio. The esc that i am using is a 30 amp Ic-30 by wattage. I have no idea why it wont fly? Should i launch it differently? What could be the problem?!?! Please help me! I want to fly so bad. FLY PLANE!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:27 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the cheater hole cut in the under side of the nose section? Did you put the small air scoop on it? If you go to rcgroups and do a search you wil find lots of information on this plane.

Dru.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:50 PM
adr_ian64

did you throw it into the wind???
Old 02-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Bill L

Flying a ducted fan means flying in ambient air. There is no propeller to put extra air under the wings. It has to be no heavier than the plans say it should be! Make VERY sure it is balanced at the proper Center of gravity point.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Bill L

HEY! Down there in Texas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Did you fly that F-86 yet? Did we help you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] At least you do not have to fight 6 inches of snow on the ground[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 04:33 PM
adr_ian64

6" thats all. look what I got.
Here's me digging out my car.
[img]C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q96H2LKR\digging out.jpg[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Toro1
My Feedback: (2)

IT sounds to me that you might have a fan rotation problem. Check to make sure that the fan is pushing/pulling and that there is adequate rpm and air coming out of the exhaust. IT is possible that there could have been an oversight while hooking up the power to your motor. Trust me Ive done it, weve all done it. my first flight with my zagi fixx went all of about 1 foot. Your plane should at least glide after a toss. I know its not that heavy to have a L/D of 1:1. Check the motor polarity I bet thats your culprit. I hope Im not to late

JB[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2003, 11:36 AM
XxNEALIOSzPLANESxX

well i did about everything u guys said but she bit the dust in a large forest beside the feild. the controlls werent acting right, very mushy on high settings and almost stalls in turn........I have moved on to a p51 by gws and guess what it came with the wrong size motor. It shows in a pic that it has a 4m mubachi motor like the zero but mine came with for some reason a slow slow flier mubachi 50.......): Im wondering if it really is supposed to come with the 50 if it is it is really underpowered! NEED HELP........Thanks
by the way i might put my wattage ducted fan in an f-16 fight'n falcon, hope it will be better.........(very far future)!