Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Links to Discount Aerobird Parts, Anybody?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Links to Discount Aerobird Parts, Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:24 PM
WingBreaker
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Links to Discount Aerobird Parts, Anybody?

Anyone have some tips on where to get replacement parts at prices lower than Horizon Hobby? I am down to my last wing, but 14 bucks a wing is expensive. Can you use T-HAwk wings with the ABC? I see they have wings for only 10 bucks.

WB
Old 10-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Links to Discount Aerobird Parts, Anybody?

No matter where you go, the prices for Horizon Hobby products will be pretty much the same. They have a MAP, minimum advertisable price, system which means that no hobby shop can advertise a super-low price to steal business away from other shops. It's mostly there so to encourage you to shop at your local hobby store rather than buy from their website. This doesn't preclude them from selling for less, but the discount has to be given at purchase time. If you have a good rapport with your local hobby shop, and do lots of business there, they might be willing to give you a discount, especially if you buy, say, six wings at once.

The real solution here is to quit wrecking the wings

If you're tossing wings in the trash because they have a small gash in them, stop. A little packing tape will fix that. In fact, reinforcing the trailing edge with packing tape near the propeller and under the rubber bands will prevent 99% of wing damage before it even happens. You can even glue broken wings back together with 5 minute epoxy.