Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever flown one of these?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Has anyone ever flown one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:20 PM
BigSky
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever flown one of these?

Has anyone ever flown one of these? Its a Roadkill series park flyer from [link=http://djaerotech.com]DJ Aerotech[/link]. I am new to the electric scene and looking for a plane to fly around the yard. I am interested to hear if anyone has flown these. They claim to fly very well with up to 15 - 35 minute flight times dependant on the battery type.
Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Has anyone ever flown one of these?

Looks like a fun plane. I'm not familiar with this plane, but it should fly good for you. At 3.5oz, it won't like even the lightest breezes, but you shouldn't have a problem flying this in a backyard on a calm day.
Just remember.... Build light.

Jason
Old 10-09-2003, 11:38 AM
f4you
My Feedback: (7)

My opinion would be extremely biased, since I'm the "J" in DJ Aerotech---but it does fly extremely well!!
It'll actually handle light wind, too. I fly mine with our MPS-2A motor system and a 3 cell 250 mah Li-Poly pack. VERY lively (as in un-scale-like) with that combo, but great for aerobatic manuvers. In the stock configuration, it'll fly great, in a more scale-like fashion. Can be built with or without ailerons, your choice. I fly mine without. Don (the "D" in DJ Aerotech) flies his with.
We'll be flying them (plus lots of other Roadkill planes) this Saturday at the JR Indoor Festival in Columbus.

If you decide on one of these, and have any questions, problems, etc., just let me know--I'm on RC Universe frequently.

Joe
Old 10-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think Joe is being biased because I agree that they fly extremely well.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:11 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How well would that roadkill cub handle the extra weight of a curtek LED setup if I ran it on 2s etec 700s or the 2s 600s balsa products is selling? I'm looking for something to fly in parking lots at night this winter, and bought a slowstick since my IPS cubhave has become too portly to fly slowly on a geared 280(does nice aerobatics tho). Now I'm thinking the slowstick is a little bigger and heavier than I want to mess with at night if I should lose my orientation on it. any idea? (EDIT) Forgot--the curtek system weighs ~15g.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:19 PM
f4you

Sorry it took so long to reply, Matt.
The Curtek at 15 grams would be a bit much--but a very good alternative that works great and weighs barely over 1 gram total for 3 lights is the "Micro-Litz" LED's. We've been using 3 of these (they come in a 3 pack of one each red, green, and yellow lights). They say they last 20 hours--I haven't killed one yet after a partial year of night flying (around 10 sessions).
They are sold by DJ Aerotech and others, and manufactured by "Taisun". They are $15 for a set of 3. Built in battery, with a push-pull on-off system. We just tape them to the wings/tail and head for the park at night!
What a blast!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:19 PM
f4you

BTW--thanks, Greg!