Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Just got a GWS E-starter....Glue?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Just got a GWS E-starter....Glue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 06:05 PM
WingBreaker
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a GWS E-starter....Glue?

Well, I did it! I went out and blew a wad of dough on a JR Quattro Light set up with a GWS E-starter. I am pretty stoked about it because I am going to try out Ailerons for the first time. I just need to get this thing built. I know their glue takes a while to settle, but what is the "A" "B" epoxy that they say I need to use. The hobby shop guy said everything I needed was in the box. I think he didn't know what he was talking about. I guess I can call them tomorrow, but I am impatient. Any tips on this plane would be appreciated. Thanks,

WB
Old 10-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Just got a GWS E-starter....Glue?

You need foam-friendly CA or better, a 5-min epoxy - the best and easiest to use is Bob Smith Quik-Cure 5min Epoxy [it comes in convenient 4oz bottles of Part A Hardener and Part B Epoxy].

Cheers, Phil
Old 10-13-2003, 12:09 PM
orcldba

Default RE: Just got a GWS E-starter....Glue?

WB:
The "glue" in the box isn't the type of glue that we are used to, that is apply it and it sets and dries fairly fast. The GWS glue in the box is a type of contact cement: Apply it spairingly to both parts, wait until it's tacky, then press the parts together. It works fine for what it's supposed to do. You do need the foam-safe CA and 15-minute epoxy, either for tacking parts in place or the landing gear frame. Just spread the epoxy thinly as it's heavy!

[8D] - Terry