Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

today was a weird day....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 11:22 AM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default today was a weird day....

I planned to fly this mourning around 8:30 and it seemed like somthing was preventing me to do so .. well first of all I finished work at 9:30 instead of 8:00 am, then I headed to the park only to find a people running a marathon , I was thinking at this point GOOD LORD...so then I headed to another park HUGE PARK, it has two baseball /softball fields with nothing splitting them apart, so just as I was unloading a car pulled up , ...yep they had on softball gear. I asked the guy when were they going to start and he said 12:00 but it was only 11:00 am so I fiquered what the hell let me get one flight in then go some where else, and I did..........ONCE AGAIN I had a flawless take off or toss off for lack of better words, and MAN did the Freedom flyer go up high, I dont know much about thermals but I had to hit some, and alot , I thought I was about to speckle ! so once it was up there, the wind was picking up, the plane was stable as it could be in 12 MPH winds , so I decided to do a loop and it almost completed it until it rolled, so I did another one and got the same result, so I took it all the way up again to try a once more and then after the loop it spiraled down to earth , didnt even break a prop ! amazing ! . Around this time they were getting close to playing so I left and headed to another feild ... but when I arrived there the winds were violent , very gusty , so I came home, and that was it . Im mad I couldnt get out sooner , but hey I had a lot of fun in a little time :-)

ps I added a pic of plane after having for two weeks , notice the repaired main wing , its the one I flew with today !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59134.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	69961  
Old 10-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: today was a weird day....

It's good to see you still have a whole plane.
Hopefully the weather will be better tomorow.

Jason
Old 10-25-2003, 08:57 PM
RC-Captain

thanks beach , this plane is a miracle plane, im going to stock up on parts ,im never getting rid of it ....
Old 10-25-2003, 11:05 PM
MeltedPixel

Cant wait till i get mine!