Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Having some problems with my GWS slow stick

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Having some problems with my GWS slow stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Techno Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having some problems with my GWS slow stick

I got a GWS Slow Stick not to long ago and have not even got it off the ground and already I am having some problems with the motor. I was doing an engine test to make sure every thing was working fine before I got it in the air when all of the sudden the motor (electric) started to speed up and slow down relay quickly like jumping from slow to fast but it would be totally random. I looked inside the motor threw one of the vents and saw a lot of arcs more then normal. I called the hobby shop and told them what was going on and one of the people said, “You need to break in the motor. It’s going to act like that for the first few flights” I decided to do a few more tests and ended up burning up a motor. I got the motor and speed controller replaced but the problem still has not gone away. I ruled out RF interference because I changed crystals and gone to the park and tested it same thing happens. I don’t get what’s happening I even got Cap’s on the mortar LED’s but still the same thing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Joe Turner
Old 11-12-2003, 03:36 PM
gcrocker

Default RE: Having some problems with my GWS slow stick

Did you have a propeller on the motor?

-glenn
Old 11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
evlwevl-RCU

Default RE: Having some problems with my GWS slow stick

There is a guy at my club that flys a Slow Stick with a single conversion feather reciever and his does that where the motor stumbles consistantly in a particular area where he gets interference. The motor jumps on and off like its got a short in the system. Are you saying that it only does this at the field? How does it run when you start it at home away from the field now that you changed the crystal, motor and ESC?
Old 11-16-2003, 02:20 AM
Techno Joe

Default RE: Having some problems with my GWS <span class=

Well come to find out it was my reciver. I had a futaba FP-R127DF Dual Conversion. I went back to the hobby shop and got a new Hitec electron 6 dual conversion reciver. Its realy cool and about half the size. The new reciver seems to have fixed the problum. And to awncer you question gcrocker yes I was running the motor with the prop on it. Also evlwevl-RCU I tested it at the fild and inside of my house and the same thing happend at bolth places and what was realy wierd was the skiping seemed to be the worst right after I charged the battery. But sence I got the new reciver it has not shown any of the problums. Thanks for all of the help
Old 11-16-2003, 03:33 AM
jacs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Having some problems with my GWS <span class=

Common error with an reciver that aren't calibrated. Had the exact problem with an Nano 4 ch and when I got it back the repairman said that it was way out. The curve was like a low mountain not an high spike (not a high spike get's interferece from other channels).