Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Does anybody fly Accipiter Badius in here?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Does anybody fly Accipiter Badius in here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
ktaylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does anybody fly Accipiter Badius in here?

Dave, about 8 7/8 inches back from tip of spinner worked pretty well for me. If you decide you want to upgrade, you can get some s-400 motors from fmadirect.com for about $4 each. The stock ESC in the badius will work for this motor. http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...529&section=15
Old 10-21-2005, 05:02 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I flew the Badius today, it was really windy but it flew fine. The wings flexed a little more than I would like but it performed well, now I just have to figure out how to find thermals.

Regards,

Dave
Old 10-21-2005, 10:03 PM
ktaylor

Dave,

I don't actually know how to find thermals, I've never looked for them or tried gliding, I mostly fly my badius as a powered plane. I have heard/ read that when you're gliding around, if you see the plane bank off to one side when it's trimmed for level flight, you should bring it back around to where the wing went upward. Now as far as if you manage to fly directly into a thermal, I don't remember what you should be looking for. It's always been too windy for me to fly without power, and usually when the motor cuts off my inner moron voice screams, out to land the plane before we all die.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:00 PM
just_steve51

I was a fool to buy the Accipiter Badius. It is garbage..........No standard controler, Elevator control on the right side......Throttle is alittle knob...........Flys marginally. Save your money - buy an AeroBird Commander or Park Zone Stryker........

Or go to a flying field and see what people actually spend their money on - its not a Accipiter Badius.........Turst me
Old 10-22-2005, 09:05 PM
RayRay

Everyone,

Steve has been singing the same tune since Feb 2005. Steve, are you autistic or suffer from OCD's? Perhaps its a memory issue with you. I find it strange that your last 6 of 7 posts are about bashing the Badius. Was that your only reason to join RCU cause it sure looks that way. You should change your call sign to "Dick". [:-]

Here are his posts:

Ray Ray

03/23/2005
ORIGINAL: just_steve51

The Accipiter Badius is garbage.........plain and simple. You will have to replace the radio and receiver, and motor to make the Accipiter Badius fly. The radio that comes with the Accipiter Badius is NON STANDARD........

The left stick controls the pitch (not the throttle) The throttle is a knob located on the side. This is another piece of garbage from !QUOT!Raiden Tech!QUOT!

Read the reviews of the Omei 2000 glider.........You have modify the wing spar, or the wings fold in flight. Not from acrobatics, just fold in normal flight. Granted both models are attractive looking, but its a waist of your money. Send an extra $20 and buy something you can enjoy for years to come...............

Great Planes has many nice models........Spirit Elite, Slow Poke,
Hobby Zone........Aerobird Challenger
Gws has so many inexpensive models
UltraFly is also good
Mountian Models are so quick and easy to build, all under $50

Many nice models to choose from, dont waist your money on the Omei or Accipiter Badius, talk to other experienced RC Pilots. Also remember, post that promote Raiden Tech are usually from those who sell junk on EBAY and have financial motivations..........
03/12/2005:

I bought an Accipiter Badius from EBAY and it is junk...........

The radio is nonstandard........Left stick is elevator (suppose to be the throttle) Throttle is a little knob located somewhere.......???? Whats up with that.

By the time you buy a new radio, change the underpowered motor, you have spent twice as much. Save your money and avoid the Accipiter Badius.

Love the AeroBird Commander.........Flys fast or slow, even flys in windy conditions.

Wingo is another fun airplane, and easy to fly.

03/12/3005

The Accipiter Badius is garbage.........plain and simple. You will have to replace the radio and receiver, and motor to make the Accipiter Badius fly. The radio that comes with the Accipiter Badius is NON STANDARD........

The left stick controls the pitch (not the throttle) The throttle is a knob located on the side. This is another piece of garbage from "Raiden Tech"

Read the reviews of the Omei 2000 glider.........You have modify the wing spar, or the wings fold in flight. Not from acrobatics, just fold in normal flight. Granted both models are attractive looking, but its a waist of your money. Send an extra $20 and buy something you can enjoy for years to come...............

Great Planes has many nice models........Spirit Elite, Slow Poke,
Hobby Zone........Aerobird Challenger

Many nice models to choose from, dont waist your money on the Omei or Accipiter Badius, talk to other experienced RC Pilots. Also remember, post that promote Raiden Tech are usually from those who sell junk on EBAY and have financial motivations..........

03/03/2005
Aciptier Radius is a piece of JUNK..........You will be disappointed.........

Finally got the aciptier radius to fly after replacing the motor, receiver.

The electronics and transmitter are not standard........Throttle is a know on the side - The elevator is where the throttle should be -- so when you think you are going to full power - you are actually going full down elevator - a piece of garbage - spend an extra $30 and get sometime you can fly for years - NOT just an afternoon of fustration.......

The post that say this is a good airplane are from those selling this junk on EBAY.......save your money and buy a quality kit or an AeroBird Challenger.......Just my thoughts

02/25/2005

ACCIPITER BADIUS is garbage...............Weak motor, garbage electronics, and the transmiter is NON-STANDARD..........

Throttle control is knob on the side.........Pitch (elevator) is where the throttle is suppose to be........save your money...........CHEAP CHINESSE IMPORT..........

Nothing against the Chinesse, I own and enjoy a few GWS........

Speaking of another cheap Chinesse import - OMEI..........Looks pretty until the wings fold on the first flight.......Be careful of people posting reviews on these - the same people are selling this garbage on EBAY.........
Old 10-22-2005, 09:30 PM
AgCat1982

He is just a spoiled brat who probably is having problems at home and wants to take it out on everyone else. It would never occur to him that there are actually REAL PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING A BLAST FLYING THE BADIUS! Even if he had the intelligence level to understand something as complex as that, it wouldn't matter. His real agenda is to troll and stir up trouble where he can.

I am only going to this trouble, like Ray Ray, to let you new guys know to not worry about him. Ignore him. He is harmless and should be pitied.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Diggidy

Steve 51 or should i say Freakazoid,

Dude get a life. I kind of felt bad for you before but you're really pathetic.

What a loser.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Loubud

Geez DH Steve. Take it easy. The Badius is a beginer plane. Before you move up to the Badius you should try the little plastic planes you throw and then chase around the yard. Once you've mastered that you can move up to paper planes. Take it nice and easy for the first couple of years and then come back and talk to us.
Thanks.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant coment on the radio system as I replaced that with my Futaba 9c, but I flew the Badius for the second time today, much less wind and it flys very well. I found a thermal by following a buzzard that was circling the club field. I got three ten minute flights out of the badius today. The wind picked up towards the end of the day, Enough to make flying my 1/4 scale supercub less thatn fun,m but I still flew the badius and I had a ball. Just my 2cents but I like it and think it an ok deal.

Regards,

Dave
Old 10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Loubud

You tell 'em Dave.
Just my nickels worth.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:14 PM
jjflash

Just got my Badius in mail yesterday and flew it first time today. BADIUS ROCKS! Overcast and a breese blowing I got it up about 100 ft and cut motor and it soared for 15 minutes and kept climbing. Didn't think there would be any thermals but did notice some of its cousins circling a half mile away. I think I could have kept it up a lot longer but I brought it down and landed. I need to put markings on bottom of wing which is white so I can see it better on overcast days. This plane is a blast!

JJ
Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM
afineman

JJ

Congrats on the maiden, did you get straight wings or flat wings?

Watch out this can become VERY addictive Hee Hee Hee

If you have any questions, ask away, we can steer you in the right direction

Brent
Old 10-27-2005, 06:07 PM
jjflash

Hi Brent, I guess I got the straight wings, didn't know it came with different wings. I didn't think I would like the transmitter set-up with elevator on left and rudder on right and throttle on back but got use to it real fast. Flew it twice more this evening but didn't catch any more thermals. It gains a lot of altitude real fast and glides good so I get long flights off small battery pack. Just wondering, do they make a normal configuration transmitter for this plane? I tried another 27 mhz transmitter on same channel but wouldn't work.

JJ
Old 10-27-2005, 09:59 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Hey there mister just steve51, I've been flying by Badius for the last 8 months and it is great. It was cheap but exactly what I needed to learn to fly. Yeah I crashed it some. But I did learned to fly with it!!! Now I've upgraded it a bit, spent maybe 100 bucks. But I'll tell you what! You bring on your AeroBird or your Stryker. During my 30+ minute flight, you won't get within 10 feet of my Accipter Badius!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:19 PM
ktaylor

JJ,

No, Shun Da doesn't make a standard configuration transmitter for this plane. Not sure if they make a standard one at all. But, I've flown the plane with the stock TX ( transmitter) and also with a 3 ch hitec single stick tx. I definately prefer the Hitec. If I had to do it again I would have just bought the bare bones plane since I already had the other electronics to fly it with from my first plane that I never could get to fly. You Mentioned markings on the bpttom of the wing. I'll post a couple of pics of what I did to my plane to make it easier to see. I painted the bottom neon orange, and I'm going to paint the upper wing surfaces neon green. Brent linkes to paint them according to left and right, I udually just have a problem being able to tell if I'm seeing the bottom of the plane or the top since most of the times that I've been flying it has been cloudy.

Steve,
From what I can see you have probably bought both the badius and the omnei, and you were found lacking in the simplest of skills required to fly. Most of the people who have bought the badius have bought it as a learning plane. Take any two of those planes that you've mentioned do a nose dive from 100 ft up into the ground and tell me if you can manage to have the plane back up in the air flying again in under an hour. I've learned more about the electronics and c.g of this plane than I did from the $270 mini piper "beginner" plane from graupner that i was given for my birthday. Yes the Graupner had some high quality top notch electrics in it & came with a nice charger, but to learn how to fly on this thing without the aid of someone who could teach me, it was a goner from the moment I opened the box. I taught myself how to fly with the badius because it could take my abuse, & also thanks to the gentlemen who have posted pages & pages of advice I have a blast with my bird. I do full loops, rolling loops, spirals dives, and gonna figure out more since this thing likes the abuse.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sk26394.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	345171  
Old 10-28-2005, 05:23 PM
RayRay

Carl,

I'll bet you $5 I could get withing 50 feet of your brushless Badius with my F27 Stryker.

Ray Ray

Old 10-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Loubud

Uh oh.
Uh, Tailwind, could you be a little more exact?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:08 PM
carlf

Hey Tailwind, I'm sure you could get yer Stryker within 50 feet my Badius, but thats cause yer not AS WIMPY, as that steve51 putz.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:26 AM
RayRay

"Wingnut",

The $5 bet I proposed with you was a joke. Remember the last $5 bet I made with Doc?
I haven't heard that term "Putz" in a while. LMAO [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Your alright. [8D]

"Tailwind"
Old 10-31-2005, 02:19 AM
bidproductdotcom

Dear Sir,
I can sell you this planes as the picture that you show for USD90.00 included shipping and handling fee to worldwide. Please email me to [email protected]
Old 10-31-2005, 04:39 AM
bidproductdotcom

Right here http://www.bidproduct.com

You can buy your Accipiter Badius at a very low price.

http://www.bidproduct.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28022.jpg
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	346430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92305.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	346431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16547.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	346432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84066.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	346433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa35091.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	346434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hy35375.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	346435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bd66581.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	346436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dc97403.jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	346437  

Old 10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
RayRay

bidproductdotcom,

That's not the Accipiter Badius that we fly. What kind of material is that? EPP foam?

Ray Ray
Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Loubud

Cheap imitation.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:44 PM
carlf

Lou, What do ya mean Cheap! The original is only $68.00 RTF!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
afineman

Don't you just LOVE the 3 GWS copies

Spitfire, Formosa, and Tiger Moth.

I'll stick with GWS, Shun Da/Raidentech (their cheaper), ALSO I think a hand full of RCUniverse's ruled have been broken with that post.

I have a problem with a supplier that does not pay any attention to the rules

My $.02 worth

Brent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.