Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Megatech Capital Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 12:22 PM
BJAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megatech Capital Flyer

Hi. I'm new to flying and just ordered my first electric rc airplane. I ordered Megatech's Capital Flyer and was wondering if any of you were familiar with this plane. Is it a good trainer? I've read good and bad and hope I didn't make a bad dicision. I would appreciate any experience, tips or advise with this plane. I've been around rc cars for quite a while and would like to get in the air. Thanks
Old 12-04-2003, 12:32 PM
jester125

Default RE: Megatech Capital Flyer

I also just started and bought my capitol flyer a month ago. I tried to get it to fly 4 times and it flew like a brick. I wish I did some research on it before I bought it, Ive allready destroyed the main wing, 3 props, fuse, 1 horizontal stabilizer, 2 vertical fins. Im thinking of turning it into a spad. I wish I listened to DB Cherry's advise in a thread I started a few weeks back.

Chris
Old 12-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Hmm, where'd you hear anything good about the Capitol Flyer?

This is the little electric plane right? Megatech also makes a large Nitro Capital Flyer, which is an okay plane. The little electric version is overweight, underpowered, and not a very good model for someone who has no piloting experience. To my knowledge, the only people who have gotten them to fly successfully have been accomplished pilots and/or they gutted the plane and put lighter gear in it.

You may want to return the Capitol Flyer and take a look at Megatech's Sky Vector or Cosmic Flyer. These are clones of the excellent Firebird II and E-Gull, respectively, planes marketed by other distributors.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:23 PM
BJAZ

What about an Art-Tech Wing Dragon? A local Hobby shop carries this plane. Would it be better than the Capital Flyer? Thanks for your help.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Alliot

You got the wrong plane. I waste my money on it last year. So, instead of throwing the plane in a trash, I put a hitec two-channel radio and cox 0.49 engine on it. They do the job; the planes flies great!!! ... Anyway, don't buy any megatech product.
My two cents.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:26 PM
bobbys_bid

I just got the MEGATECH CAPITAL FLYER JR. and took it out box to a school football field to fly it. Just before I left I did read the reviews that stated that the plane would not fly for the persons who left the reviews. I'm not sure how they attempted to fly it but after my first try to fly the plane I felt I should report what happen on my first attempt to fly it. It caught me completely pf guard thinling of the reviews stating that it will not fly.

I faced into a very slight breeze in the grass footballfield . I held the plane in my right hand with my palm facing up to the bottom of the plane . I gently moved my hand and plane forward and let go. The plane climbed into the breeze and instantly began gain alt. very rapidly. The plane climbed to approx. 100 ft in alt. It looped, cirlcled & dove then climbed and circled again & looped several times, It circled back over me and dove at just above my head causing me to duck. It almost struck the top of my head and then climbed again $ circled. It continued during this as it headed towards the school building area that was secured wuth a chain linked fence & locks.

The last time we saw the plane it was still circling over the schools buildings doing it's own thing. It was still flying when we lost sight of it over the tops of the buildings. Because the fences where locked we could not get in to look for it at all.

We lost it completely! This plane preformed a perfect excellant flight for me as a beginner! It seemed to good to be true.

For those who do have or plan on getting this plane MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR IT'S FLIGHT!

I am a first time flyer but I highly recommend the Megatech Capital Flyer Jr. due to the way it operated for me even though I lost the plane somewhen around the schools in fenced in buildings.

I'ts flight was so strong that I LOST THE PLANE.

I hope to be able to retrieve it tomorrow (Monday) when the grounds staff opens the gates. The plane does not seem to have any problems at all. It seems that the only problems it has is people (like me) who fly it. It is a free flight plane so once you launch it .... it's on it's own! A GREAT FREEFLYER!!