Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sig Cabinaire Conversion

I have a Sig Cabinaire free flight model and I was thinking of converting it to r/c. I have sub-micro Pcio+ servos from GWS and I'm going to get a micro receiver but what kind of motor should I get and battery pack? Does anyone have experience with converting a plane like this?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sig Cabinaire Conversion

Cabinaire is an awesome flying rubber job, but man it is lightweight for powered rc.... I think even a GWS would be overkill...

All the Sig ff kits (I built them all) are excellent flyers as they are lightweight. But never flew any as powered (other than rubber).

Good luck!

AJC
    Andrew J. Coholic

So many planes, so little time...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are there any brands that sell lighter servos and receivers then GWS?

- Tom Buckler
    bucks2003@hotmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, but I dont know the names (not my area of expertise). I think the Cabinaire can handle two pico servos, and the micro receiver/speed control, but I think a smaller motor than the gws could be used (a lighter one).

AJC
    Andrew J. Coholic

So many planes, so little time...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I suspect the only gear that will work in a Cabinaire is some of the super light pager motors with gear drive and the super light radio outfits like the RFFS system and some SMALL Li-Poly cells. Even the Pico servos and GWS reciever will weight down something like the Cabinaire too much. I would not want to fly a Cabinaire that weighed more than about 2 oz total weight. The design does not have a lot of wing area.

Now if you used a photocopier to blow up the plans to about 30 to 32 inches the GWS motor and gear would be fine.

_________

This whole question about the Cabinaire and radio really belongs in the Electric part of RCU. You'd be better advised to either post the question there in the indoor or Parkflyer area or I can move this thread for you as is. Let me know if you want this moved.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....