Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wattage 180 EP

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Brett Hendo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage 180 EP

I have had the Wattage 180 EP for about 2 weeks now. I am getting sick of the 2 and a half hour wait for charging so I went out and bought a "Black Widow" peak charger that will charge at 1 amp. The connecters are not the same so the guy at the hobby shop suggested getting "deans", so I did. I am about to sodder them on and just wanted to make sure they will work? Also I purchased a 280 motor v.s. the stock 180. How do I take the fuseloge appart to get to the motor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:59 AM
enrique1123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wattage 180 EP

I did the same thing you're doing now since the regular set up couldn't fly it very well, the deans connector will work and eventually all electric planes and their esc's are better off with deans. When it comes to the motor, don't take the fuse apart, remove the little screws that hold the motor to the yellos plastic piece that holds it in place and then with a set of needle nose pliers remove the plastic piece, you will remove pieces of foam but it's ok as long as you don't remove chunks. Once the plastic is off take a dremmel rotary tool if you have it or wrap sand paper aroung a piece of wood round preferably and sand the opening in the front of the fuse fitting the motor to make sure you have a snug fitting, don't forget to have a little bit of down thrust as well, then epoxy the motor in place and you're done. I changed the esc and the receiver in mine eventually and now flies very well. After all I've done it's now set up with a 280DD, GWS RX and ESC and a 370 8 cell mah Nimh but it flies very nicely. Good luck.