Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

headwind B park flyer

Old 12-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Mike B944

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headwind B park flyer

I was wondering if anyone has flown this headwind B park flyer from greatplanes? Its a 60's replica of a all stick w/ a pretty green transparent mono covering. Tower said they'ed hav'em by late dec, I can't wait!
Old 04-19-2004, 11:31 PM
dpgill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: headwind B park flyer

I'm not a high time flyer, so take this for what it's worth!
I have one and it is my third plane. Learned to fly on the Slow Stick and got a Pico Stick. Not real happy with that so I got the Headwind B and transfered all the gear over from the Pico Stick, IPS A motor, GWS Rx, pico servos and 1200ma li-poly's. Flew OK with the recommended 10x4 prop, but when I went up to the 10x8 prop, it really took off! Much better ROG takeoffs, nice loops from a shallow dive, even some inverted flight.
I've found it REALLY doesn't like any wind, but on good days, I can get 1/2 hour of ROG takeoffs, and around the field for solid landings. I trim it out for level flight at about 3/4 power, and for landing line up and control decent w/ power. I try to touch down with just a little power on, and flair just as the mains touch. It ground loops easily, and don't try to force it into the air on take off. If you do, it will get behind the power curve and stall in. Stalls for me involve it dropping off on a wing and doing about a 180 before it recovers. I REALLY like this plane and it has taught me much more about flying than the Slow Stick or Pico Stick. Good Luck!