Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wattage Pitts

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Jerryfwiw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Pitts

I just put together the Wattage Pitts 400 EP. The motor that came with it is a Cobalt speed 400. When I got though and weighed it ,24 oz, it felt like a brick. I haven't attempted to fly it yet but wondered if anyone out there has had experience flying it? It looks like it would be wild! The airplane is really nice and has scale lines.

Jerryfwiw
Old 12-18-2003, 06:06 PM
vanman

Default RE: Wattage Pitts

I dont have the Pitts but I want one.......!

I do have the Wattage Ultimate and it is truly a GREAT flying little plane.....I had people tell me how snappy it would be since it was so small, but this thing is about as tame as it gets! I flew off an asphalt runway the other day and that was awesome with this plane. It will take off from very close cut grass but it takes a bit to get it up to speed and in the air.

I am flying with an 8 cell 1700mah "Zagi" pack in mine and get 3-6 minute flights. It is actually a pretty quick plane, with the controls turned up it will roll very quickly and OMG talk about snap rolls!!!!

I am thinking of putting my little OS10 on here, the plane would actually lose weight by doing the conversion......

Let me know how it flies cause I do really like the Pitts.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:07 PM
vanman

By the way, everytime I get this little plane out of the truck people come over to check it out and then come back and talk about it after they see it fly....

I should get commisions from Wattage for the number of these little Ultimates that people say they are going buy after seeing mine fly!

Again, can't wait to hear how it flies!
Old 12-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Jerryfwiw

I have not heard from anyone who has flown the Wattage Pitts. Were you satisfied with the motor supplied and what prop did you find best? I am using an APC 7 x 4 and get around 12K rpm with it. Drawing about 24 amps from the battery. The weather is bad and I still haven't had a chance to fly it.

Jerryfwiw
Old 12-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Jerryfwiw

Since nobody has flown the Wattage Pitts 400 EP I'll have to tell you about mine. I had trouble getting it to fly but after fooling around with variuos props it finally made it into the air. Mine weighed 25 Oz ready to fly with a wing loading of 12-13 oz. Here are some things you mght want to know about it. The plastic fuselage is not too durable and will not take much abuse. The motor mount is fragile and needs beefing up to support the motor. The elevator pushrod exit slots in the fuselage are too small and need to be elongated to prevent binding. The lower wing hold down screw is soon stripped out, it needs a blind nut or somekind of plastic thread insert. The bolts and nuts that hold the interplane struts to the lower wing should be replaced with servo mounting screws using a ball wrench for easy removal. Finally it needs twice the aileron throw they call for in the manual to obtain a good roll rate.

Mine was flown with the supplied Colbalt speed 400, a 8 x 4 prop or an E 7 x 5. !300 Mah NiCad 7 cell pack. The motor draws a lot of current, 24 - 27 amps, so the flight time was a little over 3 min. Not too good when you are having fun. The airplane needs a hard surface run way. I almost killed mine with 2 landings on a grass field. It flys good when once in the air.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99181.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	84444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93699.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	84445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24604.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	171.9 KB