Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

where to buy!

Old 12-19-2003, 05:25 PM
somescreename04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy!

Ok im really confused, people have been telling me 2 sides of learning how to fly. 1."get a slow flyer like a rare bear or a corsair with a weak motor" 2. "go for a slow stick, then build your way up". I don't know what to do! and also where can i buy these planes with everything included in a package... I know hobby lobby has some package deals but what about the slow sticks and the moths?

dazed and confused,
wade
Old 12-19-2003, 09:30 PM
goofup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where to buy!

Slow Sticks and Tiger Moths don't come in everything-you-need-in-one-box package deals. They include the plane and the motor/gear box/prop only. (This isn't a bad thing- I haven't seen any RTF deals that didn't have something in it I didn't want... like a cruddy charger, tiny battery, lousy radio, etc.)

For the SS, you can get any combo radio deal that includes radio, receiver, and 2-3 servos. It can handle just about any size servos and 7 cell battery. Get a charger of your choice and ESC that will work with the motor size you get.

For the Tiger Moth, get a combo radio deal than includes the radio, receiver, and servos... but with your next plane in mind (it's cheaper that way). Now get the Pico (sub-micro) flight pack (receiver/servos/ESC) and no larger than 300 mah batteries. (TM's don't like extra weight).