Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Park Flyers might be good for new people

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Park Flyers might be good for new people

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 04:48 AM
ZeroOX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Flyers might be good for new people

this is my fisrts post and just found this site tongiht. If the information in this post is not permited please delete or let me know ane will delete it.

I am new to the whole RC plane thing did not even know there was a difference as far as trainers and park planes.

I orderd this plane tonight and figured some others might be interested.

This is a plane offerd by Sharper Image called the Fire Flite "2" Radio-Controlled Prop Plane & Glider I seen some other posts about this plane or very similar might not be Sharper Image brand or whatever.

this is a link to a referb model

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...catid=40123700

Original Price: $129.95
Now Only: $99.95
Special Price: $59.97

Now the 130 might be high but the $60 seemed low for an intro plane.

now for the better news if you call Sharper image by the 24th and tell them you recieved and email with code 20246 you get $20 of of $60. now this plane is .03 less than $60 but my CSR had no problem letting me use the code.

bringing the price down to $40.00 before shipping probably another $10 so looking around $50 total.

I had a free gift card from a previous purchase for $25 so my final price was $25 total not to bad IMO for a plane even if referb.

Now I have nothing to do with sharper image and can tell you that they randomly send the emails out if you sign up for their mailing list and the information i have does not say anything about non transfer of code.

I garantee nothing about this plane or the quality of it. I just know that some people aer looking to get into flying for cheap like myself and cant get much cheaper than $50 for a plane.

Now if this is a bad deal please let me know.. I figure for my $25 even if it only runs one day I run it over with my Jeep to see what noise it makes would be worth it to me.

I should recieve my plane on tuesday so will post if anyone is interested of quality.

Also has a 30 day return so might not be out to much if it does not work but not sure how shipping works.

Please let me know what everyone thinks about this "deal"

-Z-
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76620.gif
Views:	11
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	84111  
Old 12-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Larry Costa

Default RE: Park Flyers might be good for new people

"Is this is or is this ain't" the E-Gull?

I tried to research this question and only found one reference on a link to the toytronics site. When I went there I found no other information.

Anyone have this information?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Hanger-Flyer

This looks pretty much like the "Firebird/Aerobird" type of plane sold by Hobby Zone, and it might be one of their planes marketed thru Sharper Image.

If that's the case there is a good chance that you will be satisfied with the plane but there are some cautions. The plane is slightly under powered and needs full throttle to climb out.

Hand launching is -the- way to go with this plane because they don't usually rise off the ground well at all.

They do not turn well, and you need plenty of room to maneuver the plane. Many users have lost them in the trees because the planes would not turn quickly enough.

Some users will add more surface to the tail controls to make them a bit more responsive.

The radio control range is rather short and flyers have had their planes fly away and disappear over the horizon because they went out of radio range. (Most transmitters and receivers used in model planes will stay connected even if the plane is so high up you can barely see it.)

Because the plane is fairly small it is pretty fast. Landings are a bit swift and require intense concentration. One good thing...the small size and wing design makes the plane reasonably good in winds up to 15 mph.

I had two of the AeroBird type planes, so I am speaking from first hand experience. If you like flying you will soon move on to other planes that will cost more, but will give you more fun and satisfaction in return.

But heck...$50.00 is not a bad price, for sure!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:25 AM
goofup

300' range?
Repacked=dissatisfied return?
It's claim to fame is that it can "glide" and that you can "send (it) into death-defying circles and spirals, dives and spins"? We need that, right?
It only weighs 8 ozs (same as a Tiger Moth) so I can imagine any wind would really toss it around no matter how fast it flies.

Personally, I think a couple of tickets to a good movie will cost half as much and last twice as long.