Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How do you fix a GWS Tigermoth?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How do you fix a GWS Tigermoth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 01:28 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you fix a GWS Tigermoth?

I have a GWS Tigermoth, and one of the bottom wings cracked the entire chord length. I'm using foam safe CA to fill the gap, and hopefully it will be strong tommorrow morning, but is there any kind of tape or anything I should reinforce it with? Also, what prop is best? I recently switched to a 10X7 slow flyer prop, and it requires a lot more throttle than the stock one to keep the same altitude. Thanks for your input!
Old 05-29-2002, 03:42 AM
AQ500

I found the 9 x 7 prop works the best. I had the same problem. One of my larger disgruntled planes fell on top of the poor defensless Moth in the car and fractured the wing about an inch from the fuselage. I glued the wing together and decided to reinforce it just in case. I went and got the lightest weight fiberglass I could find. I then glassed the bottom of the wing with extremely thinned epoxy out to about 6 inches on both sides. This really stiffened the wing up and hardly added any weight.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:55 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Yes to the 9 x 7 prop and try the 2" wide clear packing tape top
and bottom.

Randy