Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 08:44 PM
foreverNight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird

My plane keeps turning to the right. The plane is perfectly trimmed each time and the wing is on straight! any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2004, 05:10 AM
kevjud

Default RE: Aerobird

I assume you are checking the trim with the transmitter on. If so, check the tail to be sure it isn't damaged. If it does not have it's original "V" shape, it won't fly well. Mine got damaged on a crash and even though I taped it up, it wouldn't fly right. I think it was flexing in the air. The plastic orange "V" piece has small plastic pins that penetrate the tail. Make sure those have not broke off. Did your problem start after a crash?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:28 AM
foreverNight

of course the tx is on! I did have a rather hard landing or controlled crash. The v bracket is fine and there is a crease near the bracket but, its still pretty rigid so i dont think thats the problem. I can still turn in either direction just fine but, it wont fly out in a straight line it turns to the right. maybe i should replace the tail.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:46 AM
kevjud

I would try a new tail. Mine had a crease in it also. Once I put a new tail on, it flew fine. Also, make sure the motor didn't shift. That probably isn't the problem but something to look at. If it was the motor, I would think it would glide straight and only turn when the motor is running??? Good luck.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Delori

Also check the motor. On a nose in landing it can shift and throw off the thrust. make sure both sides a smooth and straight. This happened to my fighter bird so I put the zip tie behing (in front) of the motor so it won't come forward any more.

Delorian
Old 01-28-2004, 07:31 PM
halfmoon129

Yo,

Do you guys reccommend the aerobird challenger or the toytronix predator?

Peace
Old 01-28-2004, 10:05 PM
foreverNight

the predator looks great but the challenger is proven and you can easily get parts for it.