Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Balancing a Clancy Yard Bee

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 11:17 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Balancing a Clancy Yard Bee

I picked up at a Clancy Yard Bee at a swap meet. It had been flown, but seemed to be in good shape. Motor is in it but no servos/rec/esc/bat. It appears to have a Graupner 280 motor with a gear box, APC 9X4.7 prop.

I put in two GWS pico f servos and a Hitec Fether receiver, and located them toward the rear of the plane according to the control rods that were already installed in the plane. Their combined weight about .7 oz. The receiver is way way back. Planning on using a GWS ICS 300 speed control and a 7 cell AAA 720 mah GWS nimh pack.

Doing some intial balancing prior to final positioning. I am using a Great Planes CG machine which I use for all my planes. Seems to work pretty well.

The plane seems very nose heavy. I am setting the CG at 3 1/4 inches back from the leading edge, as per the manual I downloaded.

In the manual they show the battery going very far forward, right behind the motor. I seem to be placing the battery way back, mostly behind the CG to try to get to neutral balance. That isn't necessarily wrong, but seems odd. Could it be because the components I am using are so light?

Any thoughts on this? I dont' know, but I think this was built from a kit.

Thanks for any advice.