Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Convert Sky scooter to slow stick ?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Convert Sky scooter to slow stick ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:18 AM
spiderflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert Sky scooter to slow stick ?

Hi All,

I had a sky scooter for a number of years and I am sad to report it is dead. 2 1/2 years of crashing and epoxy has finally taken it's toll.
I have been reading a lot of the forums over the last few day and had a few questions. It seems from other post's that they no longer sell the Sky Scooter as a Kit. Just RTF including a Radio. This seems silly to me but I guess Hitec has no interested in repeat customers? Their loss.

Moving forward.....

I gathered from my research that a majority of my current (salvaged) equipment will fit into a Slow Stick.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I can reuse the Servos (H55), Receiver (Hitec 555), Transmitter (Hitec Focus 3) and the ESC (stock Sky scooter esc, I know it sucks but has worked for me this long)

My big question is regarding the battery packs.... I have the stock scooter pack, Plus a Radio Shack Pack and a 8 cell Sanyo 1650 pack... Can I reconfigure the cells within these packs to make a suitable pack for the slow stick??

I would like to get back up in the air for a small reinvestment so please let me know what it would take.... I am hoping it will only cost me $35 plus shipping for the slow stick....
Old 02-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Convert Sky scooter to slow stick ?

Yes, your radio components will work fine but ditch the SS pack.

My favorite pack for the Slow Stik is the 8-cell, 800mAh NiMH pack from [link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128538.asp]Hobby People[/link]. It is on sale now for only $20.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13630.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	102096  
Old 02-25-2004, 12:09 AM
pthegr81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Convert Sky scooter to slow stick ?

i own a slow stick and a sky scooter and just wanted to let you know that yes all of your stuff will work.one of the many things that i love about my slow stick is its ability to carry heavy loads for a park flyer due to its huge wings.the slow stick HAS carried my sky scooter packs several times,though it will fly slower and climb better with a lighter pack.
you can always buy other batteries down the road,but not any other plane that i know of that you could go with that you can use all your older equipment on.
for now you can get away with the $35 plane price,butt i would suggest getting other batteries later on.
i have a 2100mah 2c thunder power lipo pack that my slow stick will ALMOST get verticle with and will easily fly for 30+mins
i love my slow stick