Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Split 280?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:05 AM
gummy_cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split 280?

I been researching for a good 3rd plane. I had a piccostick to start with and I loved it but I feel I need to upgrade. After that I tried the GWS A-10 and that didn't work. I have flown a SIG Kadet of a friend. That was very fun and fairly ez. I could land take off loops ect (first flights). I was looking and found the Split 280. Sounds durable and from a review sounds fairly good to fly. Also I don't want to spend over $70 not including equit and staying with a 3 channel. Is this a good plane to do some acrobatics (basics) or should i go with something else?

-A propeller is the pilot's cooling fan. If it goes out the pilot will break out in a sweat.-
Old 02-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Craig c

Default RE: Split 280?

Hey Brian, have you thought about the Formosa ? I really think this is one of GWS's best flying aileron planes. So does Mr. Lin. It has very nice manners, if built light with correct C.G. and best of all it's cheap and easy to repair.
If you don't mind building, then I really think Mountain Models, Dandy and Switchback are a great step up from primary trainers, with good flying traits+ easy to build. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the "Split 280" so I can't comment on that, but from the looks of it, it seems like a decent airframe.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Craig c

OOOps double post...
Old 02-21-2004, 06:49 PM
gummy_cow

Thanks i look into it