Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Info on GWS Spitfire and ME 109.

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Info on GWS Spitfire and ME 109.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:43 PM
stuka
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Info on GWS Spitfire and ME 109.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these two?I would like to know what you think about them.I am planning on buying at least one of these and run it on polys.Thanks for your help.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:12 PM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Info on GWS Spitfire and ME 109.

I had a bit of trouble with the Spitfire when I first flew it. The plane was really touchey and didn't like stable flight. I moved the cg forward with all the clay provided in the kit. I also reduced the throw on the elevator. Building tips: make sure the verticle stab and the ailerons are parallel... look at the instructions and you'll know, mine isn't perfect so it looks weird in the air from afar but flies fine. Also watch the elevator and rudder push rods, make sure they don't get bent otherwise they'll tangle up and not want to function for you. I got tired of stock flight after a while and went to the Himax 2025-5300 with a GWS 400 "f" gearbox, a HEcell 1000mah Nimh 9.6V pack, and a Castle Creations 25 amp speed control. Great combo really makes the plane scream! Good Luck.