Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-Starter Extra Parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 08:55 AM
doug6952

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Starter Extra Parts

Hello!
I just got a GWS E-Starter. This is my first plane. I'm almost finished building the kit, but there are quite a few extra parts on the trees.
What are these parts for? Did I miss something in the instructions? The instructions for this plane aren't very good. I've been taking my time building, reading and re-reading the instructions as I go along. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
I also have a question about chargers. I have an old Hitec CG-325. It doesn't charge the batteries for the plane well ( GWS 8.4v 730mah ). I was thinking of getting a Triton charger. How is this charger? Can anyone recomend a better charger?

Doug
Old 02-27-2004, 02:26 PM
U2Steve

Default RE: E-Starter Extra Parts

Don't panic! Standard GWS practice is to include a "universal tree" in their kits. Some get used, some are duplicates or spares, and some just aren't. For instance, the LiteStik just uses the control horns and wheel retainers, IIRC, but the Cub also uses some tabs to hold the wing struts, and the Tiger Moth has you modify an extra control horn for a tailskid.

If you were careful to follow the instructions closely, you should be fine.

Actually, GWS has some of the better assembly manuals out there. Try something from Flying Styro sometime. My Sky Beetle "manual" has two pages for assembly, a page of reference diagrams, a page for motor installation, and two plan sheets, that cover only from the nose to the wing. And the translation makes GWS look like Rhodes scholars.

Good luck,

Steve
Old 02-27-2004, 02:53 PM
doug6952

Thanks!! I was figuring that the extra parts were for other kits. Just wanted to make sure. I'd hate to see a manual that is worse than the one from GWS. I have a Raptor 30 Helicopter that comes with a rather detailed instruction manual. I gues I'm used to that.

Doug
Old 02-28-2004, 08:26 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug, that is NOT a good first plane.. do a search, make sure the CG is dead on, and the instructions are misleading on the CG too, the tail is a very weak area also....Rog
Old 02-28-2004, 11:11 PM
doug6952

I checked the CG. It is right on the mark. I put tape along the underside of the fuse to help give it a bit more strength. Why dou you say it is NOT a good first plane? I have been practicing on the flight sim. It seems easier to control a plane with ailerons, rather then elevator and rudder only. I was going to take it out today but the winds were a bit gusty. I hope tomorrow is better.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 AM
doug6952

I am going to start this new question in a new post.