Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird.. fixable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
slgilley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird.. fixable?

I purchased an Aerobird (my second) from Ebay as a used plane. I knew that the wing would need to be replaced, and it seems the tail was damaged in shipment. Well, that's cheap to replace as well, so I can handle that.

However, the tube leading from the front fuselage to the tail, and on which the tail sits, is loose. I *really* don't want to put in $50 for a new fuselage. By drilling a hole and using a wire tie mod for that tube, will it be sturdy and stable enough, or do I need a new fuselage? If not, I'm going to need to try to negociate with the seller. (Could I even add some glue around the back outside to add to the rotational stability?)

Thanks,

Sean.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:02 AM
stevennh

Default RE: Aerobird.. fixable?

I drilled a small hole right were the tube goes into the fusulage and put a very small machine screw in there to keep it from rotating. I drilled another hole in the fusulage near where the tube ends and tie wrapped it down through the fusulage. This has worked well for me. I was having problems with the tube moving up and down and rotating. I have been flying this way for quite a while with no problems.

Steve
Old 03-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Airborne 2007

After that put some hot glue or epoxy on the end where the boom enter the fuse.

-John
Old 03-05-2004, 12:45 AM
bojangle

From what I've read, these little planes "take a licking and keep on ticking". Since this is your second plane of that type, I'm sure you know to re-check the balance after any repair. Epoxy and ties can add weight, but as long as everything is fairly straight it will probably fly many times. Would suggest a test glide first.