Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New aerobird fuselage ***!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:32 PM
f00sion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New aerobird fuselage ***!

I got my aerobird challenger last weekend and crashed it a few time and it was having some electronic difficulties for some reason so i went ahead and ordered a new fuse from horizon.. I got it today and switched my tail over and got everything hooked up but when I would try to go in to pro mode it wouldnt work... I have tried about 15 times sitting here and its not doing it... so i go to hook up my combat module only to find there is no hole in the side for the x-port...but the plastic was thinner and you could clearly see the rectangle outline where it should have been.. so i got a knife and cut out the square only to find there isnt even an x-port on the board!... looking at the old and new side by side the boards look almost identical except for the missing x-port and on the new one the top of the servos are on the opposite side of the board... anybody else have this problem?.. im pissed, i wanted to fly tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:09 PM
stevennh

Default RE: New aerobird fuselage ***!

It sounds like you got an origional Aerobird fuselage. The older birds did not have the x-port or pro mode. My Aerobird is like that. I bet if you let them know they will replace it.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Airborne 2007

I dont think they have the replacement fuse for the ABC yet. Only the Aerobird.

-John
Old 03-06-2004, 12:09 PM
f00sion

ORIGINAL: Airborne 2007

I dont think they have the replacement fuse for the ABC yet. Only the Aerobird.

-John
well that would definitely suck... how long as the challenger been out for?
Old 03-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Ducman69

From other owner's postings, if there is an issue with the Bird that wasn't obviously caused by abuse (plowed into a lake at mach 10), they'll just send you the parts under warranty free of charge (you just have to return your bad fuse typically). Customer service reports seem to just be outstanding and I was really impressed from what I've read about them.

And yeah, you got the old Aerobird fuse. Checkout this site for the proper fuse part #:
http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...b=support#tabs

My recommendation though still is to just call and see if they can send it out to you for free. Worst case scenario, you waste 5 mins.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Airborne 2007

I agree with Ducman. I got my Aerobird about a month before the Aerobird Challenger came out. I called them up and they were willing to have me send in my fuse and transmitter and get the Aerobird Challenger ones. For some reason i didnt do it though. It's not that big of deal to me because I've made an Aerial Drop module that can be fitted for just about any plane, and there isnt anyone around to combat with. Anyway there customer service is #1.

-John
Old 03-07-2004, 11:49 AM
f00sion

Yeah, I emailed them originally to see if I could get it fixed and they said I could send it in...but I just couldnt be without it for so long..so I decided to order a replacement and then send in my broken one so I would always have a spare. I found a real challenger fuse at my lhs yesterday, so I will send the one from horizon back.