Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Budget Slow Stick ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:42 PM
S.S.Shmavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Slow Stick ESC

Which do you suggest I get? I probably won't be getting Lipos for a while and want to be able to use it in my Zagi too (around 20A continuous). I don't want to spend over $30 and weight isn't an issue. [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 03-08-2004, 10:31 PM
NMPhi767

Default RE: Budget Slow Stick ESC

As far as I know, GWS esc's are very cheap but I think the highest amp you can get from them is a 15A. Wattage has a 30A esc for less than thirty dollars on the [link=http://www.hobbypeople.net]Hobby people [/link] web site but I am not sure about the quality of them. They weigh about an ounce. Maybe someone else can weigh in about this one.

The wires that come out of the GWS motor for the slow stick and their connector will not be compatible with this bigger amp ESC. I am not even sure if you are supposed to put a higher amperage ESC on the little GWS motors but if you do you will have to do some soldering.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:40 PM
S.S.Shmavis

Soldering isn't a problem (I prefer a direct connection) - I had my Zagi ESC soldered directly to the 370 SS motor before with no problems (except that Zagi can't build ESCs for cow dung...)
Old 03-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Craig c

[link]http://www.rc-dymond.com/[/link] Sells a couple of speed controls, one for 30.00$ "a 24 amp" and a 30 amp for just a few more $. These are designed for Lipo's and they have programable voltage cuttoff.