Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Danged Crazy Max

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 12:19 AM
jchuston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danged Crazy Max

Well, I have finally gotten this thing flying well and things seem to be going better than before...
Now, though, I have this terrible tip stall problem. I have to bring it in very hot and low, then slowly flare while chopping the throttle. so, this tip stall isn't too bad of a problem, I don't usually put it into a stall, and I normally am landing on pavement...BUT recently I found a good field near by...smooth enough for my glow planes, but not good enough for crazy max, so now I hand launch and then catch it...this doesn't work coming in hot...with a foam plane...

Anyone know what is up...I have checked balance, distance from tip of wing to elevator on both sides...it seems ok...what fould this be??

Thanks--

-John Huston
Old 04-20-2003, 02:04 AM
DICK-ELECTRIC

Default Danged Crazy Max

John I am really surprised that you can't land the Crazy Max without fear of a tip stall. It is a pretty docile plane when slowed down. Your lucky if you have a field that is smooth enough to land on. I have to hand launch my Max as the field that I fly from is used for Soccer every day and it is really torn up and then the park is watered every night so it is a swamp in the mornings. Anyway I have purchased a large 2 1/2 inch set of wheels from MAXX Products (part # EPW250) for $4.50 and they have been great. They are very light and in fact make the plane look alot easier to see in the air with no apparent loss of flyability. Lots of luck and GUD FLYING.............Dick
Old 04-20-2003, 09:17 PM
jchuston

Default Danged Crazy Max

well, I have some larger wheels..it seems to work ok on the ground, the problem is slow flight...maybe I am slowing it down too much, but I will bring it in at about 7-10 mph...if I flary much elevator it will fall to the right side without warning...
Old 04-20-2003, 11:54 PM
DICK-ELECTRIC

Default Crazy Max

You may already be aware of this, but you might keep this in mind when landing the Crazy Max, or any plane. I have found that it is best to not try and turn at low speed with the ailerons. Many years ago I learned how to fly in a tail dragger. My instructor drilled into me that you should never use ailerons at low speed but to rely on the rudder for directional control as it is the last as well as the first flying control on an airplane. So maybe you might be trying to maintain directional control with the ailerons at to low an air speed. A little power is useful as well as using the rudder might be the ticket for your success for smoother landings. Any way I am sure you will get the hang of it soon.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:29 PM
e-bird

Default Danged Crazy Max

http://hobbypeople.net/ has all parts plus> CU