Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Gws ME-109~Batteries~EcS' help!

Old 04-21-2003, 06:57 PM
XxNEALIOSzPLANESxX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Gws ME-109~Batteries~EcS' help!

I am getting ready to purchase a Gws Me-109 that comes with a geared speed 400 motor. I just had enough with the Piece of Crud F-86 from wattage. The things a pig even with the recommened mods. I got about 5 "real fun flights" with out of maybe 50 tries. rest resulted with crash and boring repairs. Well back to the Me-109, I was wondering whether or not to buy a 15 amp ecs that gws recommends or to go ahead and use my 30 amp from my jet? Will this be to much or how can i modify the controller to max at maybe 20 to 25 amps{i dont wanna kill the lil'motor"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]} I have heard from many that the plane flies great with a 15 but not sure with a 30 amp"er. If any or you fellow modlers have any input on this plane(s) or any mods to make it coolio! Give me a yell?
I was also wondering about breaking the the gws motors. I have heard that you run for two packs every cool down during break in. Would this make the motor rust or is it a good thing to seat the brushes this way?
I was also also also wondering if i could make my 10 cell nimh 1200 pak modify it so its lower volts and fewer cells! Please help me out...Your inputs has saved me before...(f-86's stink! (are the Mig15;s and better?)
Old 04-21-2003, 09:39 PM
00hex

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The ESC's amperage rating is a maximum - if you draw more than 30 amps it could be damaged. If a 15 amp ESC works a 30 amp one will work. It just might be a tiny bit heavier or a little more expensive. The battery, motor and propeller/fan determine how much current is drawn at full throttle.

You can probably take out one or more cells from the battery if you're good at soldering. Let's say you take one off the positive end. The + end of the cell goes to the wire, and the - end goes to the next cell. Once you take that cell out the + wire should go to the + terminal of the next cell.
It would probably be a better idea to buy a new pack; there is a possibility of damaging the cells with the heat from soldering them.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:07 PM
XxNEALIOSzPLANESxX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, i have a 30 amp ecs so i will probly use it.....I will probably go to a brushless motor direct drive on the Me- 109 so i didnt want an ecs that will sit around until i get another plane(which is soon after!Mustang and a Me-109!Perfect match!) I think i will get another pak just to be safe but i have done a lot of wire work with a heat gun(soldering:}) Ill probably experiment and try to take 2 cells off to lower the volts but i cant get over the run time on that nihm batt....much longer than a 8 cell for another plane.....I sold the 8 cell to new kid to the hobby....its a great pak mind me not 6-7 min flights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks alot
Fly for Fun!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:40 AM
XxNEALIOSzPLANESxX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it turns out the me 109 wont come out for a while....I went with a mustang instead....I came with a mubachi 50 is this the right motor????My friends zero has a 4m and his is fast a sporty, in the instructions it showed a 4m with the ips 300 system on the p-51, im thinkin i got the wrong motor!

Search this Thread