Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Best price for Tigermoth and flight packs? Batteries?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Best price for Tigermoth and flight packs? Batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Botle Rocket War

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best price for Tigermoth and flight packs? Batteries?

Hey guys...

About a year ago I went through 2 or 3 Tigermoth's with hundreds of flights and a bunch of replacement weings. I've been off doing other things and got away from the little electric. I got the bug for another Tigermoth...I guess you can only go so long with one?

Where have you guys found the lowest prices on GWS Flight packs for the Tigermoth? What about the actual Tigermoth?

The lowest I have found is RC Hobbies, where the pack is $64 with a 270 mah battery. The airplane is $51. Anything lower than that? My LHS wants $55 for the airplane (which I'll probably end up doing) and $95 for the flight pack, which I don't plan on doing. They have crystals for $7, so that's not an issue. I just want a cheap little flight pack.

The only other place I know to check is Tower Hobbies and Servo City, neither have anything near $65. I don't really trust Hitec stuff anyway.

I know a lot has happened in the last year...I plan on using the 270 mah Nicad for a while because I already have a charger for it. I know there are a bunch of other options though, the problem is money and my lack of knowledge on the subject. I want to keep this little project CHEAP.

As far as a cheap (compared to expensive stuff...you know?) upgrade, for say a 30 minute flight, what's out there now? How much will it cost me? Where can I get it?

As far as the little Tigermoth goes, the most important thing I remember is the flying wires so the little fragile wings don't fold up. Anything else I've forgotten?
Old 03-20-2004, 05:19 PM
cafplanekid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best price for Tigermoth and flight packs? Batteries?

Why dont you trust Hitec stuff? I think the vast majority of servos used in backyard electic planes are HS-55's, floowed by GWS picos, i know i have at least 15 of their servos and never a problem.

For batteries, toddsmodels.com has 7 cell 370mah NIMH packs for something like 12 dollars, these are most likely the best batteries other than lithium for the TM. If you want duration, nicads are not the choice. Ive flown my mosth for close to 30 minutes on a pack before.