Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Flying wing from Skyscooter wing

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Flying wing from Skyscooter wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 08:38 PM
zagibond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying wing from Skyscooter wing

I am almost finished building a flying wing from an extra sky scooter wing I had lying around.
I covered the bottom of the wing with 3mm depron, cut away the cabin, installed a 4mm cf spar.
I cut the tip off the wings to install 3mm wing tips.
Based on the CG of the SS2 I installed the motor in the front (I would have preferred a pusher setup).
I doubled the width of the alerons.
I used a Speed 400 because that was all I had lying around.
I cut out a bay for a Kokam 3cell 1500/
Total ready to fly weight is 7ounces. I can get about 11ounces of thrust from a 400 with a Graupner prop, so it should be fun.
In hind sight I should have used a 350 motor with a gearbox to slow it down.

I will order the two HS55s tonight and try to get it finished this week.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated!
Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 AM
RickAvery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying wing from Skyscooter wing

Zagibond,
Can't really give any advise, I'm pretty green at this RC flying. I've taught myself with a scooter, and have receiently built up a second scooter. #1 has taken a beating in the learning process. I've also decided that the next project will be a wing. Please post some pics and let us know how the first flight goes. When I retire scoot #1, I'll have some stuff, (receiver, servos ect.), to use on something different. Thanks!
Rick