Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Lil' Poke

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:19 PM
gummy_cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lil' Poke

I finished my Great Planes Lil' Poke a couple days ago. I have had around 7 flights and my last one was wonderful. This was my first kit planes. All together it is my 4th plane. All others were GWS. But I have had problems with flying. For the first 6 flights I had prop strikes on landing. And with a 9x6 APC prop it just tore out the firewall. One was on an emergancy landing caused by a low battery. Besides the landings flying has been wonderful no tip stall and stalling is so gentil. But the problem with the firewall. So I borrowed a Grauper folding sail plane prop from my neighbor. I put a rubber band on the blades so the dont wobble and off i go. Being a 11x8 size prop performance increased a lot. But with a pro strike it doesn't effect it at all. It just foldes back. I just finished the first flight with this prop and I am very pleased. Oh also i used Nelson LiteFILM as a covering. I also made some reinforcement to the firewall. Here are the pictures...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82272.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	119508  
Old 04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
phantomphixer

Default RE: Lil' Poke

Good looking plane gummy_cow. I have been flying mine for a few years. Hihgly modified now(caused by many many crashes). You're using an 11x8 with a stock 280? I used s300 geared 5:1 with a 10x7 prop and burned up a lot (13) of motors before switching to a s400 geared4:1 with the 10x7 and it has never been better. Slow flight is as good as ever and I have an abundance of power for goofing around. Sure is a sweet plane. Know that you will love it.

David
Old 04-11-2004, 12:18 AM
gummy_cow

Default RE: Lil' Poke

I am getting a Nippy Black 0808 soon (2 weeks). 0808 is the size equilavent to a geared 300 performance plus some more. This should give it a little more speed.